Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are located on South Huntington in Roxbury. Has anyone in the Boston area had or heard of any experiences with them? :confused:

I am looking to have my Defi gauges put in there.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Defi gauges installed

I got my gauges installed here and they did a good job. They were quite a bit cheaper than other shops in the area.

They also purchased a silver sedan and are planning on doing quite a bit of work on it. So their knowledge of the car should grow....hopefully :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
T3 Motorsports In Boston

I was just there this afternoon and from what i saw that place is pretty nice. the prices are cheaper than the other shops around the area and they know what they are doing. I'm going to have my GC8 2.5RS converted to a JDM WRX over there pretty soon and I hope that I'll get the same results as the S15 that I saw sitting outside today.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sti Spec-C said:
I was just there this afternoon and from what i saw that place is pretty nice. the prices are cheaper than the other shops around the area and they know what they are doing. I'm going to have my GC8 2.5RS converted to a JDM WRX over there pretty soon and I hope that I'll get the same results as the S15 that I saw sitting outside today.
Well that is quite an undertaking. Please keep us in formed. I am very interested to hear about this project.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lt. Boom Stick said:
Wow...that doesnt happen very often. w00t!!!!! :dancingbanana:
Yes, enjoy this. :tongue: :rotfl:

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Oh nice, so they did your gauges to assist in the tuning of your car when you do your GT30R kit, right? :wiggles:

*in constant persuit to make Brian mod*

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Trailboss said:
Oh nice, so they did your gauges to assist in the tuning of your car when you do your GT30R kit, right? :wiggles:

*in constant persuit to make Brian mod*
Look at the date of that post on gauges. ;)

Who said I was going to do a GT30R? :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went to highschool with the two mechanics that work there. Wendyl and Waylen, both standup guys. T3 is owned by two brothers actually, Toney and Joe. Toney is a tool, who dove behind my car when he was getting shot at and got my car shot up. Joe is pretty cool and what he says is much more trustworthy than what toney says. The white guy behind the counter is a pretty hard core VW guy - and he knows his **** too.

Cliff notes: T3 is a good spot, but take everything Toney says with a grain of salt, and try to do your business there through joe.

for added points, peep the picture of Mao on the backwall.

-J

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is So Cheap I Don't Know Why More People Do it

T3 called me back today and Toney said that the conversion with the engine, transmission, front diff, center diff, rear diff, ECU, and installation for only $4,300. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard this. So technically if you buy an GC8 and put a WRX motor in at T3 then the whole car shouldn't cost more than 10 grands. Talk about a deal!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Get that quote in writing and make him stick to it. My turbo kit for my integra type R was only susposed to run 4,000... it went up another 600 dollars inexplicably when it was time to pickup the car.

-J

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
faylix said:
Get that quote in writing and make him stick to it. My turbo kit for my integra type R was only susposed to run 4,000... it went up another 600 dollars inexplicably when it was time to pickup the car.

-J
Definitely get that in writing. Remember cheaper isn't always better. Just make sure you are clear on all the expectations.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts