ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 376 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IMG_3617.JPG IMG_3616.JPG IMG_3628.JPG IMG_3613.JPG IMG_3630.JPG

And you thought youd actually get to see pics of the actual garage :whoa::D

tease.. Anywho.. these are the daily drivers the 08 and the 11.

So far modifications to the 11:

Engine:
Invidia divorced waste gate cat less down pipe
Invidia Q300 Cat back
K&N drop in panel filter
Torqued Performance Stage 2
Perrin Red Radiator shroud
Perrin Red alternator shroud
AEM UEGO Wideband o2 sensor

Suspension:
Strut bar unknown brand, powder coated to match my OLD wheels
TiC SST Coilovers *For sale*

Brakes:
04-07 OEM STi Brembo front calipers custom cerakoted
04-07 OEM STi Brembo rear calipers custom cerakoted
DBA TSlot rotor front for 04 STi
DBA TSlot rear rotor for 08 STi
KNS Brakes rear brembo caliper adapter
Stoptech Street Performance front and rear pads
Goodrich stainless brake lines
Motul brake fluid

Wheels/Tires:
Rota DPT 18X9.5 et35 custom powder coated FLAT anodized Green Apple
Nankang NSII 265/35/18

Exterior:
Debadged trunk lid
Debadged Grille
30% window tint
Perrin Stubby antenae

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,234 Posts
Congrats. OK so which interior do you prefer from a practical view? How does the 5dr compare to the 4dr and which is easier to live with?

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
honesty as far as a practical view the hatch is the way to go, they both had roof racks on them.. If we go out of town we take the 5 door, I have a rocket box that goes on top.. Brodie has his seat in the back and the other side is folded down so (back a few months) Carrera and Enzo had room to law down (full size boxers). Now we only have Ruger so he has a little more room then he needs but the rocket box is full waterproof and less clutter inside the cabin.

The sedan at least in 2011 has a TINY trunk that has a weird elevation change inside with a tiny opening.. I love the sedan and rarely ever even open the trunk so it is fine for me but for a family.. Buy the hatch..

·
29,234 Posts
Thanks for the info. I did not know about the elevation change. I think your comments will be useful to new bodystyle shoppers since you have both to directly compare.

Which wheels are those in blue?

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the info. I did not know about the elevation change. I think your comments will be useful to new bodystyle shoppers since you have both to directly compare.

Which wheels are those in blue?
Those are her winter wheels they are the drags I was telling you about in another thread a bit back. They are light weight, fit great and are identical to the 5zigen fn01c I have had prior.

Ill try and take pics of the trunk so you can see what I mean, it is really strange..

·
29,234 Posts
Thanks for the link, very helpful indeed!
SD

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha yea I did I sent a pic to matthew he said dont do it.. then I sent him the pic of the wheel with all 5 on and he said ok do it. I drove around for a week with 1 wheel like that and decided that I liked the look so I did it.. I am still deciding on wheels, I was thinking a 19" but now maybe going with an 18x9

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Nice:)

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
You don't send me pics :(

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
honesty as far as a practical view the hatch is the way to go, they both had roof racks on them.. If we go out of town we take the 5 door, I have a rocket box that goes on top.. Brodie has his seat in the back and the other side is folded down so (back a few months) Carrera and Enzo had room to law down (full size boxers). Now we only have Ruger so he has a little more room then he needs but the rocket box is full waterproof and less clutter inside the cabin.

The sedan at least in 2011 has a TINY trunk that has a weird elevation change inside with a tiny opening.. I love the sedan and rarely ever even open the trunk so it is fine for me but for a family.. Buy the hatch..
I wouldn't say the car has a TINY trunk. Compared to my '04, the trunk is smaller, mainly because of that weird slanted part. The back seat is also smaller by about 1", which is weird since the overall car is larger.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wouldn't say the car has a TINY trunk. Compared to my '04, the trunk is smaller, mainly because of that weird slanted part. The back seat is also smaller by about 1", which is weird since the overall car is larger.
I think the word tiny was the wrong word to describe the sedan trunk.. It isnt tiny, it is smaller than the 02-07 probably because of the incline thing.. The perfect word to describe the trunk opening however is tiny.. You think the rear seat is smaller?? My son seems to be more comfortable in the 08+ he has told me that he wants to ride in the white car because the gray car (the 07) is to small.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awwww man! JK! For real though you have some great looking vehicles. I'm trying to talk my lady into getting a WRX with me.
LOL, thanks man.. These two are just stock right now tho! I have a lot of parts for the 08, just haven't installed them yet..

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Most important modification currently

car seat.jpg

1 - 20 of 376 Posts