ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I contacted the person in charge of ordering WRX Club shirts.

It seems that it takes many months to get a shirt.

I asked if I could have high quality scans of the logos and just make my own. I did not receive a reply.

Since our club is non-profit I was hoping that I wouldn't be stepping on any toes by just having a local company make one for me.

My local source can clean up the low quality logos I downloaded and I am told that they will be fixed and look perfect. I can pay to have the artwork done and then they will have these in their system ready for anyone (if it's cool) to buy them direct.

They also will make window decals. The image I was thinking that would be best is the normal car logo with the web address under it that we are all used to.

I would choose the car logo in silver (my color) and the letters in blue on a black shirt, but you could choose any colors you like.
This company uses a teflon type logo/lettering that looks better than silk screen and lasts a long time.

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Since autumn/winter is fast approaching I'd prefer a ClubWRX hoodie. Black with either white or silver logo/lettering.

I feel the same as you though, I'd prefer it be approved first.

·
Moderating YOU, before you had your Subaru!
13,353 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have contacted Al and Tim here at the Club regarding this. Hopefully they won't have a problem with it.

It's a South King County store. If I have permission to do so I'll let you know who it is so you can order your own. They can have a shirt done in about a week.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well...

After 1 month and several emails to both Al and Tim, without reply, I am going to go ahead and make my own shirts and window decals (for my use only) through my local printer with the Club logo (with car image).

If I ever do get approval I will let everyone know where in the King County area to have them made. Although you could do the same thing I did wherever you live, if you like.

If any administrator is reading this, I would appreciate a reply. I can send you photos of the shirts and decals after they are made if you like.

·
Registered
299 Posts
do that and you could be subject to prosecution.
seriously...
as a fellow web site owner/operator
i do not take kindly to someone stealing my photos/logos

even if for personal use.

i have an attorney friend just for that reason.

do the right thing and wait, or at least get written permission

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stealing?

Geeez, I am advertising the site at my own expense and effort, right? I completely understand your point and that's why I have been trying to get any response I can from any administrator. Not a single reply. I just figured that they don't care what I do.

I really love the site and just wanted to show my pride.

Still waiting.....Zzzzzzzzz

·
Moderating YOU, before you had your Subaru!
13,353 Posts
Jamie's right. Just because you don't get a response doesn't mean you're free to do whatever. As you can see, we've been going through a lot of changes with this site, so things like this have unfortunately been put on the back burner. I've made Tim aware of this thread so please expect a reply from him in the near future.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone!

I sent Tim another request.
I respect the wishes of the club, really!

I just want a shirt.

·
Administrator
4,475 Posts
Just Be,

Sorry I've been kind of busy with work and updating the site so I haven't had a chance to respond to every e-mail and PM. Go ahead and make the shirt as long as you're not selling them.

Tim

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Tim!

I'll have them made and send you (Tim) the scans just so that you know exactly what's going on.

I appreciate everyone's feedback and I hope that my efforts have not offended anyone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts