ClubWRX Forum banner

2002 WRX T-Pin Hood Conversion?

• Yes, you will definitely appear more attractive to the opposite sex!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I was thinking about converting my hood to a t-pin! I think it would look pretty mint. I know its mainly a muscle car thing, in fact my boss (muscle car guy) threatened the unmentionable if I did it lol. So what do you guys think! I was going to paint the pins according to the color scheme i have for my car.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
It's not something I plan in doing to my car, but it's your car, have fun! Don't worry about what others think. Just be sure you either keep the stock latch in place, or buy reputable, safety-rated hood pins. You don't want your hood to fly up at speed...

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
I don't see the point unless they are needed.... i.e. you got a lightened hood made from fiberglass or carbon fiber, and the stock latch will not either mount, or be sufficient for safety....or did massive nose work that made the stock latch unusable/unsafe.

They don't look bad IMO, but adding the race inspired cosmetic enhancement with no real added function is not my thing.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not something I plan in doing to my car, but it's your car, have fun! Don't worry about what others think. Just be sure you either keep the stock latch in place, or buy reputable, safety-rated hood pins. You don't want your hood to fly up at speed...
Thats what I told my dad when he heard my plans. I just ran the poll to maybe get the thought out there or something new. Btw, great profile pic!

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Just be sure they don't actually line up:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Personally, I love that look, and when I install the CF hood, I'll put them in. I like this specific look in particular:

Redirect Notice

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Personally, I love that look, and when I install the CF hood, I'll put them in. I like this specific look in particular:

Thats what im doing!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts