ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lately my computer has been dragging badly!!! System idle processes are taking up 52 percent of the cpu currently. What exactly are these processes? Is there any way to go in there and shut down the process that is bogging down the system cause its really bad!

·
Registered
148 Posts
System Idle Process can be shut off, I beleive, by just highlighting it and hitting end process. I have never done this though so I cannot insure a good outcome. I just checked mine and they're running somewhere between 95 and 99% CPU, and about 20K Memory Usage. Computer still runs ub3r fast though. Run AD-Aware and Spybot S&D. Also defrag. I know these are common answers to stuff like this - but alot of times it will help.

-Edited for grammar-

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Idle process is the amount of your system that is currently not in use, thus idle. Don't stop it. Check to see what other processes are eating up memory/processor time. Spybot and Adaware are always a good idea.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
the nice part about my system at home, I can't even defrag. it won't let me.

the question is to get the 939 amd 64 chip now or go with a 3200xp. :confused1

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i ran spybot sd and it hasnt helped..hmm i dont know ill screw around more when i get home

·
Registered
155 Posts
Look at the processes that are using up the cpu and try killing any suspicious ones. You might want to run the system file checker from a command prompt. SFC /? to see the syntax.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i just cleared a lot of **** off....this time around s and d got a lot of garbage...its a lot faster now...and i deleted a copy of svchost.exe that was taking up a lot of cpu usage. NAV didnt find anything...althought NAV ****ing sucks because sure it finds stuff but leaves you on your own to delete it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts