ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking using synthetic oil for my wrx's first oil change. What is the different between the SYNs and the rest? Is that true that I can't change brand after first syn oil change? Is mobil one the best? How about Valvoline?

Peace!

·
Registered
956 Posts
mobil 1 and only...

synthetic switch back and forth not what i would recomend but if you have to it's ok. as far as on the first oil change on a new car I would not until breakin is compleated.

·
Registered
342 Posts
my dealer told me...

to breal in the engine first they suggested waiting till i hit 10,000 miles but i did it at 7500. i was between royal purple and mobil 1 but i decided on mobil 1. I also use redline water wetter which is an additive for the coolant and lowers the temperature of the engine. I noticed a drop in the temperature needle after a hard run.

chris

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
i've heard that someone around my parts runs royal purple all the time... he races some like insane dragster (i think it might be a daily driver of his as well...)and like... just takes the oil out of the car, runs it through a strainer or something and puts it back in the car and runs just fine...

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I would wait 'til your 2nd or 3rd oil change before switching to the synthetic stuff. Let your engine properly break in. I run Mobil-1. At 40,000 miles and a fair amount of modifications, I have no complaints.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Geekqualizer said:
A lot of us think Royal Purple racing oil is the best.:cool:

$6.50 a quart sucks, but considering you don't have to change the oil for 6k-7k miles, it about evens out with expensive dino oil. I've run nothing but RP oil in my Celica, and actually noticed a big difference in the way the engine runs, particularly since my fuel cut is at 8,350. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts