• EGHHH. *with a shaky hand*

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Thumb DOWN.

Votes: 3 14.3%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
I guess we'll find out in Mote Carlo. Makes no difference what it looks like. It's the results that count.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Not sure about the headlights. Looks like they copied WRXintheHouse's headlight project a little. The double hood scoop doesn't quite do it for me either, but I think the whole is somehow better than the sum of the parts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
From the front it kind of resembles the Evo... I like it though, the only thing that steered me away from the WRX was the headlights..(even though it is a breed rally car)....

Thumbs Up from me!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
overall, I like. I do agree about the "copied" headlights, and I can't stand the giant hole in the hood. Pity there's not a more subtle way of doing that *cough* Prova hood *cough*

·
Registered
32 Posts
WRXed said:
I can't stand the giant hole in the hood. Pity there's not a more subtle way of doing that *cough* Prova hood *cough*
I have to imagine that with Prodrive's technical abilities, that is the most effective way to improve intercooler flow for what they need.

Rally cars are best described as "beauty through function". It's that way because it works.

Ferg

..it's growing on me.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Yeah, that hole ain't there for looks. If the wind-tunnel says that's how it should look, that's how its gonna look. Actually it may not - if those photos are actually real, Prodrive will have just done a mock-up and off season tunnel time may well change things.

Something tells me those won't be the headlights come Monte. Look too delicate. You wouldn't want to lose a light before going over Sisteron and Terene at night. Of course once the sun goes down they'll stick a huge CF pod full of lights on the front.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
GV27 said:
Yeah, that hole ain't there for looks. If the wind-tunnel says that's how it should look, that's how its gonna look. Actually it may not - if those photos are actually real, Prodrive will have just done a mock-up and off season tunnel time may well change things.

Something tells me those won't be the headlights come Monte. Look too delicate. You wouldn't want to lose a light before going over Sisteron and Terene at night. Of course once the sun goes down they'll stick a huge CF pod full of lights on the front.
No doubt that it's done for a very valid reason, I just don't care much for it.

·
980 Posts
exhausts ported through the rear bumper are just plain cool. its kinda sweet to see no underhanging muffler when you look at the back end of a rally car. this is one of those things that make the car look cooler through function.

-c

1 - 11 of 11 Posts