ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just replaced the tranny and diff fluid with Redline 75/90 NS and now it grinds going into first way more often than it used to. It's been ~1000 miles so I would think the fluid would be broken in. Should I have gone with Shockproof or MT-90? Even the dealer recommended the NS. Dunno? :(

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I've been thinking about switching to something else but d*** I just spent $3x on the NS. I haven't heard anything bad about the NS either, only praises. Oh well live, learn, and spend more money. :D :eek:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Put in Red line 75-90 syn and had the same problem. Put in Redline HD Shockproof to try (Eurosport-- just wanted to see) and shifts great. Said would need a lighter wt. in winter, but ..:)

jmexperience.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Did the same thing with the 75/90 NS. Switched the shockproof lightweight a week later, and SO much better. Sucks cause 5 quarts of Redline is like $65.00, and out of the car in under a week.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
721 Posts
madmanx said:
Put in Red line 75-90 syn and had the same problem. Put in Redline HD Shockproof to try (Eurosport-- just wanted to see) and shifts great. Said would need a lighter wt. in winter, but ..:)
Exactly my experience. I was surprised that it made such a big difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts