ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever try this?
@ almost 150k mi., the cushion of the my seat is mush and shaped more like the previous owner. I sat in the passenger seat and noticed the foam was firmer and more supportive.
I haven't started to pull them out yet, just curious about this.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
If I recall, the mounts on the left and right hand side of the seat are different on my 04' wrx, so I doubt it will work. Plus you would have to stick your hand in between the center armrest and the seat to reach the recline lever.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I did this with my previous car, a 1995 Toyota Celica. It took some doing...I removed the seat fabric and cushions from both front seats and switched them. Worked like a charm, the cushions and covers interchanged from driver's to passenger's frame without a problem. Cleaned it all while I was at it, and got some holes repaired in the 'old' driver's seat fabric. Wasn't as difficult as I thought, but definitely a weekend job. Came out with a new feeling seat and cushions.

IF you decide to attempt this, I'd remove the passenger seat first and remove the fabric and cushion from it first, and get it cleaned, etc before starting on the driver's seat. Get yourself familiarized with it, and you'll be quicker with the driver's side.

Alternatively, I don't see at all why an upholstery shop wouldn't do this for a small fee.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Keep in mind your passenger seat probably doesn't have the seat height adjustment. I plan on firming up my driver's seat by doing the "bobble head mod", and adding some high density foam to the side and leg bolsters. There's write ups about both on NASIOC, might be here as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input everyone! Hopefully I'll get to take a crack at this next weekend...and yes, there will be pictures.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forgot one thing--AIRBAG.

Stupid me! :screwy:
The only way this will happen is a simple(?) switch of the center cushions. For that (or just new foam), I probably am going to an upholstery shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts