Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new 2018 black sti on Saturday, it's already back at the dealership for swirl marks I noticed in the sun, it was late in the day ant not sunny when I picked it up. They don't even seam to understand what I am talking about, worried there going to make it worse. They are the only ones that have washed it. They called to tell me after washing it they don't notice anything except some cob webs. I said con webs in the paint, and they said no real cobwebs. Wtf is wrong with these people. If I ever get a brand new car again I will not let the dealer ship wash it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
This seems to happen a lot. For this reason most detailers I know advise that you need to do some prep and paint correction before applying a clear bra, Opticoat etc. Good detail will fix this like anarekist said, but I'm curious if the dealer will help you out at all.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
hvac77, I am sorry you experienced that from/by your dealer. This is unfortunately more the case than not, and why I had a written agreement with my dealer that they would not even remove the white protective shipping material, let alone not washing it, not drilling into it, nor affixing anything onto it.

They agreed, and when it arrived home, I got out my foam cannon, two buckets with grit guards, MF wash mitts, etc., and did it the right way, e.g., myself with that proper equipement.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hvac77, I am sorry you experienced that from/by your dealer. This is unfortunately more the case than not, and why I had a written agreement with my dealer that they would not even remove the white protective shipping material, let alone not washing it, not drilling into it, nor affixing anything onto it.

They agreed, and when it arrived home, I got out my foam cannon, two buckets with grit guards, MF wash mitts, etc., and did it the right way, e.g., myself with that proper equipement.
Who ever washed the car probably didn't even knowthat they did it , I doubt they have any detail experience. Guess I'll have to break out the polish, buffer, wax and do it myself.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
There is nothing more gorgeous than a perfectly maintained black vehicle. And no vheicle takes more time to have it look perfect than a black one.

Hence why I no longer buy black vehicles, instead choosing to admire others' black ones. And why, as did Silver Bullet 17, I chose Ice Silver Metallic for my WRX. Even living on a gravel road (I mean "muddy road" when its wet, "super dusty road" when its dry), ISM still looks good even when dirty -- especially when the sun is on it.

I now prefer to drive my cars rather than to wash/detail them (going next week to my first car show this year whereas I used to attend 20+ yearly).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This seems to happen a lot. For this reason most detailers I know advise that you need to do some prep and paint correction before applying a clear bra, Opticoat etc. Good detail will fix this like anarekist said, but I'm curious if the dealer will help you out at all.
Don't know if I trust them to help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts