ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I come from the land of V8's and I am quite used to looking out the side window around corners only to see my ass end coming around. The rex is alittle on this side of what i will tolerate for understeer. Is there an adjustable swaybar out there that will click me a few notches tward oversteer? It really fits better with my driving style.

TIA

-Tim

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I have the Cusco front and rear swaybars and it took care of a lot of the understeer.

But to really get the rear to swing around, increase tire pressure in the rear to be higher than the front. At the last autocross, I inflated by 215/45/17 Kumho Ecstas to 35 psi in the rear and 30 psi up front. It oversteered quite nicely!

Incidentally, there was an "S" curve on that course that I worked where I was able to watch most of the WRXs pass (in a different class). ALL the WRXs slogged and plowed through that section with or without a stiffer swaybar, whereas RWDs like 5.0 LXs swished their rears through with aplomb. I think I can confidently say that you cannot expect to get that same kind of oversteer in a WRX with its AWD. Instead, I'm going to try to work on drifting my way through by applying some light braking as the car apexes and then shooting out of the corner. Left foor braking may be the answer. But no one I know has ever done it before.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts