ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a 2012 Subaru WRX 5-door Premium and I wanted to know what size of sway bars I need.
22? 24?
Fixed? Adjustable?
Should I get the rear sway bar with a mount and support braces or not?
Should I get the same size for the front and back?
I'm thinking about getting Whiteline, is that a good idea?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Most people go 24/22, I did. It's hard to say objectively what you "should" do.

There is a FAQ laying around here somewhere (look in RageWRX sig) it will give you a lot of Great info. And probably help you understand better why you should upgrade your sways, which to me is more important. (the why)

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Adjustable sways allow you to fine-tune the system without buying new parts; I would absolutely buy adjustable bars.

24 F / 22 R is a popular setup. Go to an Auto-X test/tune and push your car to the limit in a safe, controlled environment. Make adjustments as necessary.

Whiteline is one of the leaders in suspension parts for a reason.

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
your car will use the same shifter bushings as the 09-11 cars. I believe it was the wide kit.. cant remember as I purchased mine a very very long time ago.

sway bar wise I'm running 25mm front and 20mm rear... both adjustable. Front is Perrin and rear is whiteline. Either way you should get some seat time in the car before you start changing things. Shifter you can change right away, but suspension wise I'd hold off until you realize where changes actually need to be made. Also, you'll better see the difference after the change if you've driven for a while on the factory equipment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts