ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read several times on here that I can uprgade my 02 wagon by getting a sedan sway bar. The local dealer is no help on this, and I almost bought one off ebay but the guy said he didnt think they fit, that they were different lengths (a wrx part guy). I want to be sure of years and fits, could one of you old pros fill me in with some info I can rely on? Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
I *CAN* confirm that the whiteline 27mm FRONT (27/29 adjustable) will fit on our wagon with poltec spherical endlinks.

Anything other than that, and you're on your own.. :)

Logic would indicate that other front bars would work with the poltec endlinks, but making that assumption seems like a recipe for disaster.

-Chip

·
Registered
151 Posts
The rear from a sedan will fit, but you'll need new bushings with the new bar. The front will not fit becaues the sedan has different link mount locations.

·
Registered
377 Posts
What you need is the rear sway-bar from a '02 sedan. That is 20mm rather than the 17mm on your wagon (and later sedans). You will need the appropriate bushings. You can get it from your friendly neighborhood Subaru dealer for about a C-note. Or from anywhere else. When ordering, don't mention the wagon, just tell them you have a '02 sedan.
And, apart from the thickness, it is identical to the one you have on and will fit right in. There's a nice tutorial here. A very worthwhile mod...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts