ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd start one of these too, even though mine will probably move a bit slower than others. Combination of wanting to enjoy what's good from the car out of the showroom for a while before bettering it, holding the warranty as long as I can without going crazy, and funds of course.

"Mods" (if you wanna call them that) so far:

Red pinstripe in grill
35% tint all around
De-badge majority of trunk lid
Red painted calipers (pics to come)

What I'm looking to do, somewhat soon hopefully:
RallyArmor flaps (black with red logo)
Red WRX lettering on side emblems
Cobb 2-way adj. STS
Kartboy shifter bushings (front and rear)
Front strut tower brace

Here's a pic of my Suzanne, just one month old:

WRX Full.JPG

·
Registered
288 Posts
Congrats and beautiful! I was wondering where the red stripe originated from? Is that from VW and just became the in thing? I e been seeing that a lot on VW and recently on a few subbie's

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats and beautiful! I was wondering where the red stripe originated from? Is that from VW and just became the in thing? I e been seeing that a lot on VW and recently on a few subbie's
I'm not sure where that trend came from exactly. I had seen it on a couple other cars here, and already had the intentions to paint my calipers red, so I figured it would be another nice accent.

Good thing I did it too. This week, saw another WRB 12 4-door at the lot in my gym. Made it a little easier to figure out which one to walk to haha.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Suzanne is looking great!
I love the red strip around the grill. I have a blue one around my 05's grill.
Also the tint sets off the WR blue very nicely.
I totally agree a few mods can go a long way in the look of the car and set it apart from the another's. It's nice being able to spot your car in a lot.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Red stripe is definitely catchy...How did ya do it? Keep the pics coming. Red letters, stripes are used by many manufacturers to associate performance. Yea VW GTI's have been using the red stripe on the grill for years. I'm thinking STi pink calipers. Though on a dude's car I might get some weird looks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The red stripe around the grill is just 1/4" pinstriping tape. Looking back I might consider swapping it to 1/8" to make it just a little more subtle. But its really easy, and the grill mesh pushes back just enough to tuck the tape if it overlaps slightly.

Just finished the calipers, pics to come soon. And trying to figure how I wanna attack the side emblem.

Pink would actually be pretty funny and cool to do if you can handle the odd looks haha, especially on a silver car. But pink on WR blue might be pushing it...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IMG_0503.jpg IMG_0505.jpg IMG_0506.jpg

Finally got around to actually putting these pics up. Enjoy!

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IMG_0679.jpg

Just picked up some new wheels and tires last weekend. Then threw the mudflaps on today. So I figured it was time for an update post.

The RC car on the hood scoop is a WRC WRX my parents gave to me when I was a little kid. Talk about being a kid again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts