ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I posted this in another thread in Engine Performance, but it may have been a hijack of another thread, so here it is in the correct forum.

Related mods: Whiteline Control Springs

The other day, I was pulling out of my gf's driveway, when I heard a semi-loud "bang" come from up in front of the car, sorta like a rock hitting the underside of the car when cruising on the freeway. Stopped, looked around under the car, couldn't find anything.

Now, when I start from a stop, and every time I shift "hard" and step on the accelerator heavily, I heard what sounds like a marble rolling backward and hitting something metal with a clunk. My guess is a nut popped off the top of a shock tower and is rolling around somwhere, since it hasn't rattled out yet.

I'm planning on taking apart the suspension soon to see if my fears are confirmed, but I wanted to put this out there first to see if anyone can offer any alternative suggestions.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
yeah only thing i can see related to a bad install job is the top bolts. the fronts are simple to check, just open your hood and look. the rear may be your culprit and you just need to remove the seat, which is simply 5 bolts.

if anything came loose below it would probably be gone.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it's a little more in-depth in front, because there are those rubber/plastic/whatever covers, so I'll have to take it apart to look. But anyway, that's what I thought, thanks for the replies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts