ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up an 02 wrx Tuesday, and the guy already has it lowered on lowering springs. I Know that just lowering springs with out aftermarket shocks and struts is bad for the stock dampers. I want coil overs because I can adjust them, and it is healthier for the car.

Will getting coil overs increase the ride quality?
I was looking to get something like these. TEIN USA | PRODUCTS | TYPE BASIC DAMPER
Any feedback?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
No, coilovers will not increase the ride quality. For every height adjustment, you'll need to get an alignment.

If you want to go the coilover route, I'd go with TiC or RCE, but for a DD (with spirited driving / occasional Auto-X), I'd go with strut/spring setup.

If you want to spend ~$1000, Koni Inserts + RCE Black/Yellow or Swift Spec-Rs. You'll need to replace your tophats (wear item) as well; Whiteline Com-C front mounts and OE/Group-N rears would be my suggestion there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long would riding on just lowering springs last? The guy said he has had them on for 6k miles

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
WrxOnWrxOnWrx said:
How long would riding on just lowering springs last? The guy said he has had them on for 6k miles
What springs?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't remember what he said, it wasn't eibach or anything. I'll ask him next time we talk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts