Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Impreza wrx
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2010 Wrx and want to know what suspension upgrades would necessary and what would be a waste of money. I’m open to suggestions since I am absolutely clueless when it comes to suspension. So far I’m planning on putting wider tires so I’m already looking at camber kits as well as front and rear toe arms other than that and coil over I am stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
11,766 Posts
You don't need wider tires or coilovers.

Race comp engineering blacks, Koni inserts, adjustable lower control arms, stiffer bushings throughout, and a good set of tires.

Or, a good set of tires.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Impreza wrx
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool thank you! I was thinking of getting white lines essential bushing kit for the front and rear and that’s good to know I don’t need coilovers that will help my pockets for sure.

·
Super Moderator
11,766 Posts
cool thank you! I was thinking of getting white lines essential bushing kit for the front and rear and that’s good to know I don’t need coilovers that will help my pockets for sure.
What kind of budget are you working with realistically? Coilovers that match oem performance are quite expensive and ones that exceed it are stupid expensive. As can be springs and Koni dampers.

Tires and bushings will make the biggest difference in my opinion. Followed by the damper, then the spring.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Impreza wrx
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind of budget are you working with realistically? Coilovers that match oem performance are quite expensive and ones that exceed it are stupid expensive. As can be springs and Koni dampers.

Tires and bushings will make the biggest difference in my opinion. Followed by the damper, then the spring.
Trying to keep it between 2-3k
Just recently got new tires next I’ll be getting all the bushings. I was thinking of avoiding coil overs now that you told me about the spring and insert options. Would there be any point in getting aftermarket tie rods like the whiteline roll center and bump steer kit or Whiteline Rear Adjustable Lateral Link Arms kit?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts