ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 WRX sedan, daily driver, and have been looking into upgrading the suspension. I want to lower the car about an inch and add sway bars. The car rides fairly good now but when I hit larger bumps, you feel it pretty good. Also, at high speed cornering, I think it could be better. So I'm thinking coil overs rather then lowering springs and a sway bar front and back. Any suggestions on either part? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Æternum
20,335 Posts
What is your budget? If you are looking to spend $2000+, coilovers can be an option.

If not and performance is not your goal, lowering springs are the better solution. The OEM dampers on the VA WRX are very good from factory.

These are a pretty aggressive drop from a quality company with excellent R&D.

The WRX ground clearance is already very low (4.9") and this will drop to about 4 inches. Just be aware of that. The car might be inconveniently low.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response. Being a little lower isn't a problem for me, I drive paved roads. I do want to improve performance. I'm doing a lot of engine mods as well. $2,000 is doable. Any suggestions on a good set of coilovers and sway bars?

·
Premium Member
10,557 Posts
Ohlin has a set for right around 2300 I've heard fair things about.

Keep in mind you are going to lose daily driving comfort and longevity for the move. Even the best coilovers on earth typically don't last as long as something like the rce springs and a good strut like Zax mentioned. So you'll need to budget time to have them done from time to time.

You may also want to order an extra nut for the ride height adjustment if it doesn't already have multiple. You'll need to jam the nuts together hard to keep the car from sinking over time.

·
Æternum
20,335 Posts
Thank you for your response. Being a little lower isn't a problem for me, I drive paved roads. I do want to improve performance. I'm doing a lot of engine mods as well. $2,000 is doable. Any suggestions on a good set of coilovers and sway bars?
I recommend that you reach out to either Turn-in Concepts or Racecomp Engineering.

Talk with both about your goals and they will point you in a good direction.

·
Premium Member
10,557 Posts
I can say nothing but great things about turn in concepts and their suspension unfuckery of my car. The price was affordable, the work was second to none and the knowledge and attitude in the shop was unparalleled.

It's the only place I would ever take another vehicle for work like that.

·
Premium Member
10,557 Posts
Honestly can't speak to them, I didn't have many complaints with the factory ones after I had the suspension overhauled in mine.

If turn in concepts isn't responding give them time, they are legitimately the best company I have ever dealt with. With minimal information provided to the and maxim knowledge they dialed in my car unbelievably well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts