Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Generally I do not do much autocross and there are not great windy roads around where I live.....I was wondering what to do to improve the grip of the WRX so straight line acceleration will improve.

I know lowering a car and getting the center of gravity closer to the ground can help....just don't get it too low. Is doing coilovers the best way to lower a WRX?

Also using strut and sway bars.....will those help my grip in straight line?? or are they just for correcting oversteer or understeer?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Coilovers would be major overkill if you just want to lower the car. Check out Blazin's car for lowering. Can't remember how long he's had the setup, but he's pleased with it. Seems I remember something awhile back about an anti-lift kit for the WRX. You might want to check that out as well, since all four tires need traction, you want to eliminate as much of the natural rearward weight shift associated with acceleration.

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
By the way, you can get the Whiteline ALK in three different bushing compounds....comfort, sport and motorsport versions. I think the motorsport version has a slight change in the actual design as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts