Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told that we could use the Supra injecters as an upgrade to ours. Is this true? and if so is it MKIV injecters or MKIII or both?? any help will be appreciated.

Thanx in advance for any help.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I am going to guess that the stock injectors are 440cc/min.

The 565cc/min STi injectors are modified Nippon Denso 550cc/min high impedance injectors.

I have no idea what a Supra uses for it's injectors, but I do know these things.

-Jim

·
Registered
295 Posts
You can't use Supra injectors.

The only "junkyard" part you can use is the 550cc injectors from an RX-7 TurboII. If you like, I have a set of these for sale. $150 shipped.

I'd send them to RC to get them cleaned before installing them though. That'll set you back another $100 give or take.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow! not a bad price at all, if I was doing my 550/Lexus AFM upgrade I would take those off your hands. BTW, I assume the WRX uses side loader injectors eh? In which case I would think the 440cc's of the 7MGTE Supra turbo would fit the wrx, although I don't know the stock injector size on you guys engine.

-----------------------------------
88 Supra Turbo

·
Registered
295 Posts
Nope, top feeds, which is why the Supra injectors won't drop in.

The previous versions of the WRX used side/galley feed injectors, but Subaru put top feeds in all the New Age cars.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Upgrading the Fuel System

Could I safely run an upgraded fuel pump, injectors, and fuel rail even without a current turbo/ic upgrade and no engine management? I'm on a budget here!!!! And I never got a response regarding my incremental goal to the turbo/ic upgrade. Or would I go with the turbo and intercooler first? Thanks in advance!

·
1,911 Posts
PlatinumWRX said:
Are there any other Nippon Denso options for fuel injectors? The STi's are a lock on the market. SUX!

-Jim
Yes there are but they'll cost you more and won't be drop in like the STi's. The PE's run $750/set if you need 650 or 800 cc. Just get STi injectors. I'm not sure why people ***** about the price. Anytime you are under $150/injector you're doing great for a Japanese Denso unit. I've never seen a Denso unit for less than $100 each.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts