Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of this guys product. It is a ball and spring style boost controller. http://www.dawesdevices.com/boost.html
I am going to order it and see how it goes. I figured for 35 bucks shipped I can't go to wrong. I also ordered my Autometer 3403 boost/vac gauge today. The gauge should come in way before the controller so I will have a chance to watch stock boost levels for awhile. Boost will probably be set around 14.5 or 15 so I shouldn't need anything else, yet.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've installed a TurboXs. Cost $ 79.00. looks great. The dawes looks kinda cheezie. I set my boost to 15.0 psi. Took only 5 mins to install. Had a blast setting psi during WOT testing. Really easy to adjust. Go with the TurboXS.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just ordered the Turboxs "High Performance" manual boost controller...TurboXS
I also bought the oem guage pod, and someone is helping custom fit Autometer Boost, Fuel/Air and Pyrometer guages......

Should look pretty sweet when done.... :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Any of you guys installing the gauges on the non-oem gauge pod? Like a pillar mount or something. How are you installing the gauges? Need some ideas and part numbers. Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I made a mistake. I only paid $ 69.00 for my TurboXS from http://www.racetep.com
I bought the standard boost controller. The High Performance Controller will only improve performance if you plan on going way high psi boost. The factory turbo will only allow so much boost. Go with the standard boost controller unless you plan on upgading your turbo. No pics but I'll show you if you like to see it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a Daws devc. MBC
It works fine install was a snap, just don't set it above 16psi I got some spiking when I set it that high. But @ 15psi no problems, no spikes and will install in about 2 min. :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats what I was hoping for. Can you snap off a few pics of under the hood showcasing the install. I want to see how you put it in and secured it.

Thanks
Justin

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry Root,
No dig. cam. I have secrured it with a cable tie. I did not want it to be permant. This way I can take it out real quick if need be.

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The spooling should still be limited by the exhaust. It will just give you a solid boost level through all the gears since it is supposed to be half boost in 1st and 2nd gear, plus the overall boost can be uped a little. As far as quick removal, yes, they go inline with the wastegate line, so in theory you pull it off the wastegate, plug it onto the controller and have a piece of tubing about 6-12 inches long to connect it back up to the wastegate and remote mount it to something secure and not scalding hot. A ten minute job to get it off. Also the Dawes came with some nice high pressure tubing, so no tube cutting. Did that answer the questions?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes , the boost controller can be installed and uninstalled in minutes. The factory hoses wil allow installation without cutting any hoses. I'm going to get a digital camera this weekend and will take some pics for all to see.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts