Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, newbie again....

I find the lack of a small extension within the sun visor to be a major bummer. Yes, I'm nit-picking, but the afternoon sun on my commute shines directly where the sun visor ISN'T!! All I need is about 3 more inches (heh- don't we all! ;) ) and it would block that glare.

I've looked for some after-market sun visor extensions, but I'm wondering if any other makes or models have been experimented with by forum users. For example, I think the Legacy has a sun visor that extends... would this fit in a WRX, as well?

Thanks for putting up with all my n00B questions:wave:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, Subaru is really pissing me off... I went to the local Stealership today and measure the visors from other Subie vehicles. First of all, Forester, Legacy, and Outback models have an extension on their visors. So why not on ALL models?

Jackasses.

Secondly, it looks like those other models' visors will more or less fit in the same configuration as a WRX. So why not buy one and try it? None of those other models come with a black interior!!! :mad: Apparently the WRX/Impreza/Crosstrek are the only ones that come in black.

Jackasses!!:mad:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thinking the same thing, almost bought one on eBay and then try figuring out how to just adapt the extender
Good luck! I've yet to find one in the right color that will match, but I don't think it will be too hard to do the adaption.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am interested too, have subscribed to this thread.
I don't know if there's anything left of this thread, John. I can't seem to find another Subaru that has black sun visors w/extensions. All the other models have gray or tan interiors. Unless I'm missing something...

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Thanks for further researching, even though the “end” was not what we wanted. I love the products by Overland-Designs, and while expensive, we could buy a pair of the Subaru extended ones and send them to Jason.

I have done everything in his catalog that comes in regular leather with red stitching (no alcantara for me), except not his sun visors. I am now going to confirm with him that he will do the sun visors in leather, and might well go done this extendable sun visor path (though an expensive one). The best part of all of his items. IMO, and his quality is uniformly outstanding, is the dash panel trim piece.

https://overland-designs.com/products/va-impreza-wrx-sti-2015-2018/sun-visor-covers-va/

Attachments

·
Banned
436 Posts
Thanks for further researching, even though the “end” was not what we wanted. I love the products by Overland-Designs, and while expensive, we could buy a pair of the Subaru extended ones and send them to Jason.

I have done everything in his catalog that comes in regular leather with red stitching (no alcantara for me), except not his sun visors. I am now going to confirm with him that he will do the sun visors in leather, and might well go done this extendable sun visor path (though an expensive one). The best part of all of his items. IMO, and his quality is uniformly outstanding, is the dash panel trim piece.

https://overland-designs.com/products/va-impreza-wrx-sti-2015-2018/sun-visor-covers-va/
red stitching too??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts