ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title pretty much sums it up but anyone have any suggestions on what lower springs im should be looking into like what brands and off what websites...i tried searching but my computeer is being dumb so i figured this would be faster

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Tein S-techs are KNOWN to be horrible on subarus b/c of WAY too much drop. The '08+ WRXs cannot handle much of a drop (anything over an 1 inch is too much) and it will kill your stock struts. I HIGHLY recommend you search some more b/c this has been discussed many times and stay far from S-techs and even the Cobb springs are not the best. Even those H&Rs drop too much

In short both the H&R, Cobb and S-tech springs have way too much drop and will ride like crap on an '08+. If I had to do just springs I would go with Swifts:

2008+ Impreza and WRX (sedan and hatch)Lowers sedan 0.75" front/rear, hatch 1.0" front/rear. Not for 2008+ STI. http://www.erzperformance.com/Swift_Sport_Lowering_Springs_Subaru_Impreza_WRX_wa_p/4f906.htm

I have also seen few good reviews of Epic Springs. However, the 08+ struts cannot take too much so I would highly recommend you look into the GTWorks/RCE spring/strut combo.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The stock dampers are absolute garbage. If you care anything for the handling of your car do not just fit lowering springs. The Konis are a great solution to this.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Here's a couple pics of Tein SS-Ps on my '08. I think I'm gonna go with the spring/strut combo from GTWorx/RCE for my 2011.

CIMG0395.jpg IMG_0090.jpg

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I'd definitely look at the GTWorks RCE combo pack. Best suspension package I've seen so far in terms of springs/struts, and the price is solid.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'd definitely look at the GTWorks RCE combo pack. Best suspension package I've seen so far in terms of springs/struts, and the price is solid.
I agree. Probably gonna order them in a few weeks.

As for the Tein SS-Ps...they were ok. Just ok. I had Cobb springs on the stock struts before (big mistake), so the Teins were a big improvement. There's definitely better options out there for coilovers.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Ive got tein coilovers coming for my 2011, and RCE Springs coming for the 2011 struts that will be put into the 2008.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts