Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Moderating on the run!
7,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be soon upgrading my braking system w/ ss lines, Motul fluid and Endless pads and wanted to conduct some before(s) and after(s). Is there any standard way to conduct 60-> 0 tests ie # of runs, time between runs etc.

If not, any suggestions for the most meaningful way to conduct this test?

Thanks in advance,

Big Sky WRX

·
Moderating on the run!
7,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dan,

I would definitely be interested, but do not know squat about hosting or much about computers in general.

Thanks,

Big Sky WRX

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Does that cool little $150 G-tech jobby do 60mph-0?

I think it does. I hear they are fairly accurate. I might pick one up when money becomes less tight.

I'm also interest on braking improvement. I can't see the four-piston caliper upgrade as cost effective for our cars.

-Jim

·
1,911 Posts
It actually improves braking quite a bit Jim but you're right. I think the Stop Tech or ProDrive brakes are probably the best values. I am looking for STi Brembo front brake calipers myself. I already have the rears and will be doing full Sti brakes with Endless CC-X pads.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Dan,

In your opinion, which are better Brembos or STi? Are they the same thing? I also heard that some other brake manufacturers like Alcon and Wilwood are going to enter the WRX market soon. Brembos are cool, but I feel that they are overpriced. I also don't think the idea of not being able to use my stock wheels without spacers. They were going to be my snow tire/slick holders!

-Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts