ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so far I have a pretty much stock wrx. Just took it down to Precision Tuning in NJ and they did a complete timing belt/water pump replacement and also installed my H&R springs also and they did an awesome job. but thats aside the point, trying to find the best up pipe to throw in considering the stock ones are crap with the cat. Any suggestions?! and reviews. also, would i still pass emissions after putting in a catless up pipe?

thanks for the help

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
Browse the site vendors for up pipe sources. If you replace the up pipe, the car will not be street legal anywhere in the US. Whether it will pass local emissions is another matter. You will need to fix the CEL; this can be done mechanically or electronically. You will also need to figure out what your state requires in testing, and whether locals have passed with/without problems with a non-catted up pipe. See the link in my signature for car info, and see the site vendors for parts sources.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If I were you, I'd spend a little extra and get a solid pipe uppipe from Cobb or Perrin. I am on my 3rd uppipe. The first two had flex sections that crack, one an STi uppipe, the other a Helix. Look up the resistor mod to eliminate the CEL and remove the EGT sensor altogether.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
You dont need to spend extra for a good part. I have an invidia and its a nice up-pipe, helix is cheaper. Talk to precision they should be able to help you out.

I dont know where you are from, or the emission laws there but you should pass with the 2 cats after the turbo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts