ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
~Whatever fits your budget and mounts securely to the car. :D ~

vague I know.. but so was the question ;) lol

do you want them to fit the factory location? Or are you planning a light bar? .. need more info mang

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd like to just get a kit that fits the factory location. Just want to go with the plug and play application. I really just didn't want to pay interest on them by ordering it as an option. And I guess I was wondering if there's anything out there that's better than the OEM parts.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, I don't think i really understand how this all works. I guess I was under the impression that they were supplementary to the headlamps and that they were turned on at the same time. Is that not the case?

·
Registered
750 Posts
I guess I was under the impression that they were supplementary to the headlamps and that they were turned on at the same time. Is that not the case?
No... Fogs turn on separately and they are not used to supplement the headlamps. They are called "Fog" lights for a reason. They are to be used in foggy and other low visibility conditions. Please don't be like everyone that keep their fogs on at all times. The fog's generate a good deal of glare to oncoming traffic.

The OEM fog kit should come with all the necessary accessories needed to install the lights (Relays, fuses, and control stalk with a fog switch).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome, thanks for the info. So I guess then what I really want to know is should I go with the OEM kit or has someone else purchased a different fog kit that they like better?

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
AFAIK there is no other aftermarket fog kit that uses the stock housing.Someone has modified the stock housing to accommodate aftermarket fogs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts