ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am saving my duckets for a EGT gauge and a turbo gauge. Anyone have any suggestions on a brands, styles, or sizes of gauges? Any advantages vs. disadvantages? I am also looking into a pod of some sort. Not sure if i would like a pillar style, or maybe the Defi pod that replaces the clock on my dash. I've seen the guages that mount on the steering column and kinda like those. Anyways, i appreciate ya'll taking the time to give give your two cents.

Peace,
nick.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
IMO the a pillar pods are the easiest to look at while still paying attention to the road. But they do stand out a lot. Good or bad that's your opinion.

As far as gauges, I'm a cheap ass so I go with VDO boost and EGT. VDO from what I'm told is factory in some higher end cars like Porsche. Also a perfect match with the factory gauge clutster.

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
I have 52mm Greddy's and love em. 3 are in the Autometer dash/clock pod, and two are in the Autometer Bezel pod around the factory gauge cluster. All positioned very well. Here's the only pic I have...
(the left column gauge isn't a Greddy, it's an odyssey air temp gauge.)

edit: are these for the supra or do you have a rex too? :confused:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, thanks for everyones quick response. I'm putting these gauges in a 2004 rex. Anyone heard anything about defi pods? Just talked with a buddy who says he hates his cluster that sets in the dash. He says he wants his clock back. I think i would miss my clock also. Hmm.....

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
I don't care for the defi pod, personally. It's a little too gawdy. The autometer is a lower profile and that is what I prefer. The Defi gauges are nice though :)

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
I missed the clock too...my solution: rewire it someplace else :)
You can't see it in that picture, but I spliced in about 5 feet of wire and moved it up to the headliner, right by the map lights.

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
I was about to suggest Greddy to match your stock gauges, but then I saw you're 04... so you've got cool needles... jerk.

I now have Apex'i EL system. I...uhhhh... can't really suggest it unless you want red needle on blue backlight. It's good stuff, but damn expensive.

Figure what color you want... figure what size. If you want to go around the steering wheel, that will be 52. If you want a Defi gauge pod, 60. The autometer holds 52... and there's a few other center gauge pods that will hold 52 or 60. The Defi does NOT hold 52mm, even though some people say "oh, yeah, I made it work..." that's crap. They're lying.

·
Registered
986 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Went with Omori Gauges

I went with a little more unassuming center gauge cluster that is offered by WRXtra .

It looks OEM, has a pretty low profile, and holds 52mm gauges.

I went with Omori gauges because of their OEM look, (they offer two different lines, (for the 2002-2003 and for 2004-).

I got mine from RallySportDirect .

I just received both the cluster and gauges last week. Both the cluster and the gauges are top notch and match my interior perfectly. I heard that the backlight color is a little off, but I can live with that.

04 Gauges

02-03 Gauges

The only downside is that they are rather expensive.
The cluster runs about $120 and the gauges are about $170 a piece. But they do come with all the sensors and everything you need to install them.

·
Registered
446 Posts
i like the A-pillar mounts personally.....and i went with the Greddy EGT...i like that it has a max hold function so i can see the highest reading through a WOT runn insdead of watching the gauge durring the run and alos the set point warning function is nice

·
Registered
0 Posts
Cavadini said:
I gotsta go with the Blitz BLM gauges because I think they are teh sexy personally. i set them up in the Defi Gauge hood. Here are a couple quick pics.

Yeah - I gotta get these - the blue is fantastic.

Got an URL where I can buy?

-MH

·
Banned
953 Posts
I am lookin' to rock something that looks like what comes with the STi, it's like a replacement for the top of the steering column that has a pod on the left and one on the right. I'm told that as soon as I hit stg 2 that I better start watching my boost and EGT, I'm looking for the cheapest set I can get away with. Any suggestions, suckas?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts