Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Building my 2L ej205. I will be shooting for 550-600whp. Anyone have suggestions on what type of rods and Pistons I should go with?

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
I'd ask your engine builder for their suggestion, plenty of great builders deep into the practice nowadays. :)

·
Æternum
15,864 Posts
Build a 2.5L for that power.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
Building my 2L ej205. I will be shooting for 550-600whp. Anyone have suggestions on what type of rods and Pistons I should go with?
Build a 2.5L for that power.

Definitely ^this. A 2L with the size turbo it would take to make that kind of power will be slow as hell to spool and have a terrible powerband. You could do a 2.5L with a smaller turbo and actually have usable power.

Personally, I would just get an already assembled IAG Stage 3 Plus closed deck 2.5L shortblock and be done with it. You will also need head work.. or better yet, different heads altogether.

·
Æternum
15,864 Posts
2.5L heads are a bear to wire up, and you really have to sacrifice AVCS (which is the main advantage anyway).

PnP'd 2L heads chamber-matched to the 2.5L block is my suggestion, and clearly you agree.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
2.5L heads are a bear to wire up, and you really have to sacrifice AVCS (which is the main advantage anyway).

PnP'd 2L heads chamber-matched to the 2.5L block is my suggestion, and clearly you agree.

True.. if you were to swap to AVCS 2.5L heads I would either swap to a compatible ECU and engine wiring harness, and modify or repin the cluster and body harnesses from the car. OR switch to standalone engine management and swap in the stock ECU with a base map for inspections.

At this point I'm kind of wishing I hadn't dumped so much money into building my 2L heads since I'm going standalone anyways. AVCS would definitely be nice to have for off boost power and spool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts