ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I saw some pictures of people that wrapped there headliner and other parts of their interior with suede and it made me want to do it. Here are some pics of what I've done so far. I am going to have a upholstery shop do the headliner because I don't want to deal with it if it starts to sag, got a local place that will do it for $60

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dropped off the headliner today, ill post some pics tonight. It was a pain to take out and ended up pulling it out of the trunk pretty easily if anyone else needs to remove theirs for any reason.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
I did the same thing when I installed tweeters in the Apillar.Only I used vinyl.

Did you wrap the rear trim piece?It looked a little too difficult to me.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did the same thing when I installed tweeters in the Apillar.Only I used vinyl.

Did you wrap the rear trim piece?It looked a little too difficult to me.
Are you talking about the c pillar trim piece? It looks like a weird shaped triangle? If so I haven't tried yet but yes it does look very hard.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
looks good, looks kinda dirty cuz of all the lines in it going different directions. Did you do this yourself?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks good, looks kinda dirty cuz of all the lines in it going different directions. Did you do this yourself?
That's just how suede is. When you rub it one direction the fibers go that way. I could brush everything one way but I like how it looks when its not perfect because it makes it stand out more.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Dis you do the work yourself, or take it somewhere

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
How hard were they to do, or how much time did it take, seems it would be a pain

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How hard were they to do, or how much time did it take, seems it would be a pain
It's very easy, one they are out and the material is cut to the right size the front pillars took like 3-5 min each and the B pillars took like 5-8 min each

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
Looking good...Idk if I could handle the lines in the suede...I think it would drive me nuts. But something similar to this in a dark color. The C-pillars in my car and headliner back there are gross from driving with the windows down all the time.

DIY instructions, svp?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are you planning on doing anything with the light colored trim panels or sticking with a 2 tone look?
I'll probably keep them how they are, I'm afraid of trying to paint or dye them and then having them look bad/cheaper then they already do.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Great idea! I've been thinking about doing something like you did as well, except I'm thinking of using alcantara. I think the suede might actually look better, but is it $$$$? here's a link of what I was thinking about going with. Did you consider the alcantara at all?
Genuine Alcantara

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great idea! I've been thinking about doing something like you did as well, except I'm thinking of using alcantara. I think the suede might actually look better, but is it $$$$? here's a link of what I was thinking about going with. Did you consider the alcantara at all?
Genuine Alcantara
3 yards did pretty much my whole upper half of the car and the material cost me $45 for the suede, $8 for the spray adhesive and $60 to have the head liner done right by a upholstery shop. So I did the whole upper half of my car for pretty much the price of 1 yard + shipping of alcantara.

Also I like that the suede has a foam backing making it feel plush when you touch it rather then hard like the factory head liner. Cabin noise seems to be less as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts