Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Scenario:

This weekend I took on a car stereo install. I removed the interior (seats, console and carpet) so I could install dynamat sound proofing on the floor, route some 4 gauge wire to power my amp directly off the battery, and to route a video feed to my newly install backup camera. I did not modify or tamper with the factory wiring harness.

I worked on the car 2 days and each day I had to start the car and pull it out of the garage bay so others could use the lift. It's a car club I belong to and the rule is you can't tie up a bay for days. The car ran fine with no engine light issues.

On the third day I reinstalled the carpet, seats and console and started the car to drive it home. That's when I got a FLASHING CHECK ENGINE LIGHT and the following engine codes:

P0137 = downstream O2 sensor shorted low
P1152 - Front O2 sensor circuit range/performance low
P1153 - HO2S Insufficient Switching bank 2 sensor 1
P0502 Vehicle Speed Sensors Low Input
P0503 Vehicle Speed Sensor Intermittent/Erratic/High
P0851 Park/Neutral Switch Input Circuit Low
P1518 -Starter switch circuit low input

The car runs fine though but the Check Engine light is flashing the entire time I drive. When the engine is off and the key is in the on position, the AC clutch and fans kick on and off even tho AC is switched off.

I rechecked all the wiring harness plugs I had to disconnect for the job and they seem fine.

The car is a 2005 WRX wagon.

I can't help but think something simple is causing this issue and I'd hate to take it to a shop and get charges hundreds of dollar to diagnose the issue.

I did a google search and found that someone else reported a similar issue on a Subaru Help site (unable to post link) but unfortunately no solution was reported.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I woke up this morning, jumped in the car to take my cat to the vet and the flashing engine light situation was GONE ! Who knows...

It may come back so if someone has some inside knowledge please share. THX

· Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
30,460 Posts
The only thing I can think of is to prefer mechanics, because veterinarians may not have the equipment to diagnose car electronics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.