ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any idea where the subwoofer is supposed to be on the 2005 WRX wagon. For the 2005 model the WRX is supposed to come with a standard 260 watt 6CD changer stereo system with subwoofer. I believe the factory forgot to do the subwoofer install.

thanks
Deckard

·
Registered
187 Posts
Petaluma, REPRESENT! :) I have an Silver '03 and the small sub is under the passengers seat. Welcome to the club, maybe ill se you around town.

-Joe

Here is mine at MT. Hammy last weekend:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Just wondering if that subwoofer is impressive at all? I miss the system I had in my old car and want something now but the only route I see is going crazy with a nice aftermarket head unit, components in the front, 10" or 12" subwoofer in the trunk and amps for the comps and sub. Dunno if I wanna add all that extra weight though.

·
Registered
187 Posts
djoye said:
Just wondering if that subwoofer is impressive at all? I miss the system I had in my old car and want something now but the only route I see is going crazy with a nice aftermarket head unit, components in the front, 10" or 12" subwoofer in the trunk and amps for the comps and sub. Dunno if I wanna add all that extra weight though.
The factory sub is alright at low volume but when u crank it to a decent "freeway" volume it just sounds like crap. I still have my old stereo stuff im really thinking of putting into my rex...

-Joe

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was wondering the same thing in the brochure it says the 05 wrx's come with a sub? I dont have one, I am going to talke to the dealership maybe they will install one for free?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yea, the sub doesn't do it for me either. It sounds decent at low levels, but it does sound like crap when the volume is turned up. I'm also considering upgrading with aftermarket speakers. I guess it's better than not having one at all.

·
Registered
88 Posts
sub in standard? not option?

equip

ray

deckard said:
Does anyone have any idea where the subwoofer is supposed to be on the 2005 WRX wagon. For the 2005 model the WRX is supposed to come with a standard 260 watt 6CD changer stereo system with subwoofer. I believe the factory forgot to do the subwoofer install.

thanks
Deckard

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
deckard said:

thanks
Deckard
The subwoofer is an option, and not a very good one at that http://www.subaru.com/shop/accessories.jsp?year=2005&model=IMPREZA&trim=WRX_SPORT_WAGON&category=SOUND

Save you money and get something better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts