Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Jorge and I'm a speed-aholic..., checking in to say whats up in Texas, Dallas area. 6 months into my 2015 sti I'm loving every minute, current mods cobb stage 2 nvidia turbo back exhaust with N1 mufflers, music to my ears.
Ready for flex fuel + fuel upgrade, basically stage 3, any suggestions or concerns before I upgrade

·
Super Moderator
11,442 Posts
Avoid ethanol fuels as your HPFP will burn out in a hurry and there isn't an aftermarket I've been made aware of that will support it yet. If it were me I would look into turn in concepts tgv deletes, intake and a top mount.

My big concern with the fa20f is the direct injection. It doesn't have the typical fuel flow over the valves so they tend to collect deposits. One solution is walnut blasting and it's something you really don't want to do all the time as it can remove metal regardless of the claims. Another solution is air oil seperators, they can help pull some of the crap out of the incoming charge lessening the deposits. Or at least that's theory, as is egr deletion. They may be worth your time ahead of flex fuel but I urge you to do your own research on the subject.

Its good to know that stage 3 is now flex fuel. It's easier to just prattle off the actual modifications you've got. Staged modification levels can vary by performance company, and by person. Listing the mods helps people narrow down what problem you may encounter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,442 Posts
Oh discount my last comment I missed the STI so you still have the ej. My bad.

E85 can be an investment and a problem if the fuel isnt readily available at good quality. So weigh your access to it. You can make good power on e85 for sure

·
Registered
2015 ISM WRX Premium
201 Posts
Oh discount my last comment I missed the STI so you still have the ej. My bad.

E85 can be an investment and a problem if the fuel isnt readily available at good quality. So weigh your access to it. You can make good power on e85 for sure

Hey XJ, Subaru does offer the upper engine cleaner which I feel is industrial seafoam they run through a booster line that flows through the ports. They recommend it every 25k miles or less if you are a spirited driver. It costs about $75 bucks for the whole procedure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts