Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Their dealership name is Exeter Subaru and they are located in New Hampshire. Their prices are really good, but they take a long time to ship. I bought an exhaust system, but ended up sending back the up-pipe because it wasn't the one I wanted. After over a month, I'm still waiting for my credit. Also, my package arrived damaged and they had me deal with their shipper. I finally got it straightened out with the shipper without any help from them.

AVOID THIS STORE LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Mike is the guy in charge of the mail order and he sounds really nice, but they are just horrible. For $50 more, I could have gotten the same thing from Teague's (excellent, I bought my up-pipe from them).

Again, don't be fooled by the low prices; it's not worth the hassle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hrmm thats quite surprising....
Most people seem to have good experience with Exeter.

I personally have bought from Mike, I got the OEM sidesikirts and got them when he said I would. Sorry to hear you had problems.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm assuming you've been in contact with Mike regarding your credit. I sure hope your problem gets resolved. I've never had any problems with Exeter or Mike. A month delay for a credit is far too long. I hope you've been on the phone daily trying to resolve the issue. Some people blast vendors for "crappy service" when the only contact with the vendor is ONE email or phone message. Some of these bigger parts departments like Exeter deal with hundreds of questions, orders, and live customers a day. It's very easy for someone to slip through the cracks. The customer has a certain level of responsibility when it comes to keeping up lines of communication. Get these guys on the phone and fix your problem, don't wait a minute longer for their response. Don't be afraid to force the issue when your money is at stake.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
supermarkus said:
I'm assuming you've been in contact with Mike regarding your credit. I sure hope your problem gets resolved. I've never had any problems with Exeter or Mike. A month delay for a credit is far too long. I hope you've been on the phone daily trying to resolve the issue. Some people blast vendors for "crappy service" when the only contact with the vendor is ONE email or phone message. Some of these bigger parts departments like Exeter deal with hundreds of questions, orders, and live customers a day. It's very easy for someone to slip through the cracks. The customer has a certain level of responsibility when it comes to keeping up lines of communication. Get these guys on the phone and fix your problem, don't wait a minute longer for their response. Don't be afraid to force the issue when your money is at stake.
The problem is that right now I'm very busy at work and don't have time to call. But I did send him no less than 3 email messages and didn't get a response back. The reason I waited this long was because he was very nice and polite on the phone. This is why I always use a credit card; if nobody wants to help, I'll just go through my bank.

·
Registered
208 Posts
email is a terrible way to get a hold of vendors, especially those with active store fronts like a Subaru parts department. You need to take some initiative and rectify the situation. Yes, Mike should have been more actively pursuing your refund, but so should you. Exeter is a good place to do business, and they have a very happy, loyal customer base. Your experience is atypical and partly your fault for letting lines of communication fail. For cryin out loud man, it's your friggin money, how about YOU taking it back instead of passively waiting for it to be given back and posting libelous threads about a vendor that has a proven track record for excellent pricing and service?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
supermarkus said:
For cryin out loud man, it's your friggin money, how about YOU taking it back instead of passively waiting for it to be given back and posting libelous threads about a vendor that has a proven track record for excellent pricing and service?
There is no reason to attack me verbally for posting my experince with a certain vendor. If a store has an online presence, they are responsible for checking their email. I did everything via email. The price quote, stock, and track numbers were all delivered by email just fine. All of a sudden, messages aren't returned when a credit is requested.

Libelous? Do you even know what it means? I suggest you look it up before trying to use it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Prince Ali said:

There is no reason to attack me verbally for posting my experince with a certain vendor. If a store has an online presence, they are responsible for checking their email. I did everything via email. The price quote, stock, and track numbers were all delivered by email just fine. All of a sudden, messages aren't returned when a credit is requested.

Libelous? Do you even know what it means? I suggest you look it up before trying to use it.
First of all, I wasn't attacking you verbally. You need thicker skin. I just told you what needed to be done. Did you expect less in a public forum? As for the vocabulary choice, I used libelous correctly. The question is, do you know what it means? Libel is what the first post in this thread is.
AVOID THIS STORE LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Mike is the guy in charge of the mail order and he sounds really nice, but they are just horrible.
What you're claiming about Exeter being "horrible" is untrue. Normally, they aren't. And you admit, you're too busy to do things the right way, which is to force the issue with a phone call.

libelous
\Li"bel*ous\ (l[imac]"b[e^]l*[u^]s), a. Containing or involving a libel; defamatory; containing that which exposes some person to public hatred, contempt, or ridicule; as, a libelous pamphlet. [Written also libellous.] -- Li\"bel*ous*ly, adv.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
supermarkus said:

First of all, I wasn't attacking you verbally. You need thicker skin. I just told you what needed to be done. Did you expect less in a public forum? As for the vocabulary choice, I used libelous correctly. The question is, do you know what it means? Libel is what the first post in this thread is.

What you're claiming about Exeter being "horrible" is untrue. Normally, they aren't. And you admit, you're too busy to do things the right way, which is to force the issue with a phone call.

libelous
\Li"bel*ous\ (l[imac]"b[e^]l*[u^]s), a. Containing or involving a libel; defamatory; containing that which exposes some person to public hatred, contempt, or ridicule; as, a libelous pamphlet. [Written also libellous.] -- Li\"bel*ous*ly, adv.
My first post is an account of what has happened between myself and Exeter. Since it's true, by definition it is not libel. It that was the case, all negative reviews would constitute libel.

Here is the first definition of libel from the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, second edition:

Libel: (law) defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken word or gestures ....

defamation: FALSE OR UNJUSTIFIED injury of the good reputation of another.

My statements are neither false or unjustified, therefore they cannot be defamatory by definition.

I stand by my claim that Exeter is "horrible." I can only report what has happened to me. They may be a good vendor, but my experience has been horrible.

I don't want this to turn into a fight over language. I have posted my bad experience and others have posted their good ones. People can read and decide for themselves if they want to do business with a vendor.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think, if the vendor has an email address, it should be counted as a valid medium for communication.

There is not a reason to have an email address, post it, put it on a business card, and make it available to the general public if it is not going to be used.

Most vendors DO NOT have 1-800 numbers. I for one, cannot call LD at work and I do not think it is up to Prince Ali to hound the vendor for his credit. That's BS. To me, that's poor customer service if it is necessary to do that. Hounding a vendor should be absolutely UNNECESSARY in regards to resolving an issue. If I had to do that, and the vendor finally did something, I would not be a satisfied customer.

I'm sorry, but I expect more out of businesses. Like the extra effort it takes to resolve a problem and maybe even *gasp* CALL THE CUSTOMER. You can count on repeat business from me when I receive a call back to resolve a problem.

I agree with Prince Ali's opinion. It may not have been intentional, but that only speaks volumes for the lack of organization. I wonder how well they protect those emails with CC #'s if they can't track his emails? Or the receipt slips for that matter?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
gryphon said:
I think, if the vendor has an email address, it should be counted as a valid medium for communication.

There is not a reason to have an email address, post it, put it on a business card, and make it available to the general public if it is not going to be used.

Most vendors DO NOT have 1-800 numbers. I for one, cannot call LD at work and I do not think it is up to Prince Ali to hound the vendor for his credit. That's BS. To me, that's poor customer service if it is necessary to do that. Hounding a vendor should be absolutely UNNECESSARY in regards to resolving an issue. If I had to do that, and the vendor finally did something, I would not be a satisfied customer.

I'm sorry, but I expect more out of businesses. Like the extra effort it takes to resolve a problem and maybe even *gasp* CALL THE CUSTOMER. You can count on repeat business from me when I receive a call back to resolve a problem.

I agree with Prince Ali's opinion. It may not have been intentional, but that only speaks volumes for the lack of organization. I wonder how well they protect those emails with CC #'s if they can't track his emails? Or the receipt slips for that matter?
Agreed on all counts.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I finally got my credit. Now I can close my charge dispute with the credit card company.

·
593 Posts
Well heres my experiance. A1

I bought my rotors (DBA groved)
I also bought brake pads to go with them.

Both came within 3 days. Bill is an A1 guy. All I can say is Ill order there again.

Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Beside taking care of the credit, Mike sent me a free Subaru rally baseball cap and a nice multi tool because of the delay. He explained that it was an honest mistake and my paperwork just get misplaced. It was a nice gesture that won me back as a customer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts