ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Yeah SoA on facebook said some announcement was coming. Doubt it is a new WRX. Probably has something to do with the BRZ or WRC.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Time to get some new Subaru Puma gear :cool:

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,466 Posts
Rallycross != rally though.

I wonder if they'll issue hats with straight brims commemorating the event. What I actually don't wonder is what the event might be.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Rallycross != rally though.

I wonder if they'll issue hats with straight brims commemorating the event. What I actually don't wonder is what the event might be.
Everything I hate about the newest generation of Subaru owners is summed up in those flat brimmed hats. From Ken Block, to DC shoes, to Monster T-Shirts, it's all just one big circus show.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
In the video it was crazy to see that car get up on 2 wheels

·
Registered
205 Posts
Everything I hate about the newest generation of Subaru owners is summed up in those flat brimmed hats. From Ken Block, to DC shoes, to Monster T-Shirts, it's all just one big circus show.
What's a Ken Block...? On a serious note, I do agree with you Anub1s.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
What's a Ken Block...? On a serious note, I do agree with you Anub1s.
Picture a giant turkey-baster-shaped aparatus filled with a warm saline solution, used for cleaning certain lady parts, dressed in a Monster branded t-shirt, bright green DC shoes, and a flat brimmed hat. That's a Ken Block.

·
29,466 Posts
When I started following rally the fastest men in the world were Roehrl, Alen, Salonen, Toivonen, Blomqvist, and Mikkola.

Can anyone picture those guys running around with silly hats in some sort of commercial circus show? I can't.

It's called "class."

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
When I started following rally the fastest men in the world were Roehrl, Alen, Salonen, Toivonen, Blomqvist, and Mikkola.

Can anyone picture those guys running around with silly hats in some sort of commercial circus show? I can't.

It's called "class."

Amen, sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

·
29,466 Posts
AAMOF there's an iconic shot of Henri in Martini livery wearing Ray Ban aviators that contrasts nicely.

I remember Vatanen getting off the plane in grey trousers, a red tie, and a blue coat with the Peugeot emblem on the chest near the lapel.

Professionals.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
You summed the problem with everything and everyone my generation down in one word SD..

We lack CLASS. Period.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Picture a giant turkey-baster-shaped aparatus filled with a warm saline solution, used for cleaning certain lady parts, dressed in a Monster branded t-shirt, bright green DC shoes, and a flat brimmed hat. That's a Ken Block.
Class aside...most people in my generation and younger are d-bags to a T. Or a D? Either way...they suck and I couldn't agree more.

But it was Ken Block who brought the style from the skating world to the driving world. Just as Dave Mirra is going to bring it from the BMX world to the Rally world. However, if someone brought ties and slacks and trousers to the BMX and Skate Boarding world, then this generation would look at that as "tainting" their sport/style. It can go both ways.

That being said, I'll still buy some Puma Subaru gear. I loved Puma gear just from all my years playing soccer :wiggles:

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
You summed the problem with everything and everyone my generation down in one word SD..

We lack CLASS. Period.
What generation is that?We're like the same age almost.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts