Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you think about which colors Car Manufacturers use to advertise their rides, certain ones come to mind. Mazda's ZOOM ZOOM yellow, Mitsubishi's Lancer EVO yellow, Lamborghini Green, WRX's WRC car blue, etc... Can anyone think of any other manufacturer's colors and what car is associated with which color? It seem to me that SUBARU has the monopoly on the blue for marketing.

chris

·
Registered
184 Posts
Dodge: Red

When the Neon was being introduced (circe 1995) you NEVER saw an ad where the car was any color other than white.

I don't know if I agree with your assessment of the WRX though... all magazine ads show it in Silver.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Raynger27 said:
I don't know if I agree with your assessment of the WRX though... all magazine ads show it in Silver.
I think hes just implying that there aren't many other manufactures that use blue. Not that the WRX is only Blue in ads...

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not all, the one w/ the WRC car on top and the blue WRX on the bottom isnt. Blue is w/o a doubt the color Subaru markets the most. same with mazda's zoom zoom yellow for the protege 5.

chris

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Chrysler has that goldish color
Dodge uses black for their trucks
Mercedes uses silver a lot

Sometimes it's not a color though. I think Mitsu is becoming more known for it's soundtracks than it's colors. Same with VW. Volkswagen is actually selling compilation CDs of their commercial soundtracks.

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i wish mazda would switch songs. That **** doesnt take to long before it clogs you mind and you are singing ZOOM ZOOM at the office.

chris

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
fengshui said:
When you think about which colors Car Manufacturers use to advertise their rides, certain ones come to mind. Mazda's ZOOM ZOOM yellow, Mitsubishi's Lancer EVO yellow, Lamborghini Green, WRX's WRC car blue, etc... Can anyone think of any other manufacturer's colors and what car is associated with which color? It seem to me that SUBARU has the monopoly on the blue for marketing.

chris

i love the blue, just wouldnt get it bc its soo common on wrx's but it sure is purty

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A coworker got it in silver, then I learned about the rally car and 1 + 1 = WRB WRX :D

chris

·
Registered
174 Posts
SrAsCaL36 said:
Ferrari - Red
Yes, but one better.

Ferrari - Ferrari Red

Ferrari is so cool they have their own shade of red.

-Shadow

·
Registered
174 Posts
ebr0t said:

kinda like UPS being sooo cool theyh ave their own COPYRIGHTED shade "UPS BROWN"
That's funny. After I posted "Ferrari Red" I remembered all of the cars I have seen that were painted Ferrari Red. I would love to see someone paint their car UPS Brown. It would be especially funny to see a ricemobile painted UPS Brown, with a whole bunch of UPS stickers on it.

-Shadow

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Shadow said:

That's funny. After I posted "Ferrari Red" I remembered all of the cars I have seen that were painted Ferrari Red. I would love to see someone paint their car UPS Brown. It would be especially funny to see a ricemobile painted UPS Brown, with a whole bunch of UPS stickers on it.

-Shadow
i recall that ups has it actually copyrighted. so i think they could sue them for all the stickers their worth

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
UPS brown was the first thing that came to mind. Heh...

·
Registered
641 Posts
BMW = Imola Red, Phoneix Yellow

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I thought it was Marlboro(sp?) Red also.
Also I think BMW has there on color midnight blue. BMW Blue #whatever

·
Registered
1 Posts
colors

I think Ferrari's red is actually called "Barchetta Red"

I like porche's in silver as well as mercs, but I always thought that lambo's were usually colored red or black, it seems they use yellow and a horrid shade of orange nowadays.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts