Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Subaru offer wheel and tire insurance for the STI?

I'm ordering a 2018 STI and interested if people have found it worthwhile.

Does it cover winter tires or only the tires/wheels that come with the car?

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,612 Posts
Can't say about such insurance. I have never heard of wheel and tire ins. I am not a believer in insurance much at all. It has worked out well for me to save all the premiums, invest them, and pay for repairs myself. I just keep liability on my cars. How often do you have tire issues other than normal wear?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't say about such insurance. I have never heard of wheel and tire ins. I am not a believer in insurance much at all. It has worked out well for me to save all the premiums, invest them, and pay for repairs myself. I just keep liability on my cars. How often do you have tire issues other than normal wear?
That's how I think as well, but I used to have BMW's with run flat tires which were a disaster and wheel and tire insurance saved me quite a bit of the past few years. I also live in New Jersey which is full of potholes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not sure about the STI, but I have it on my '16 WRX that I picked up last June; I would assume it would be the same for the STI. Wasn't particularly expensive. I'd have to check about the winter tires, but I would expect it would only cover the wheels/tires that came on the car. I could be wrong though. I bought the car in Ohio FWIW, so not sure if it's a regional thing, something through the dealer themselves, or direct from Subaru.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm pretty sure when i bought my car it came with some type of paint protection, and wheel and tire as well i know for sure the paint things is because I've taken my car in when it got a ding and they took it out free of charge,

·
Registered
374 Posts
I doubt there is a insurance for tires(would not be a wise move on subarus part). I feel like a lot of people would abuse that and just go really hard on the tires and cry replacements. If you can find someone to agree to that warranty more power to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts