Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello People,

I drive a subaru wrx 2017 model stick. I bought this car(new) in August 2016. There's around 33k miles on it now. In the past few days I noticed that my gear number doesn't show up right.

Like, when I'm starting on 1 and turn to 2, it still shows 1 and the same thing with the other gear numbers (3,4,5,6). I have never seen this until recently. Even my car runs with kind of rough noise.

Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!!
Krish

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@4EverMetal I’ve been driving much in traffic these days, so yes I’m changing gears frequently. What can I do about this issue, any thoughts?

P.s.: I’m replying from my mobile browser, so didn’t find a button to directly reply.

·
Super Moderator
11,760 Posts
If the car uses a gear dependent boost control strategy it would be best to take it to Subaru now. It would explain the rough operation.

If not possibly a sensor or something.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've taken it to the service and it's the clutch. Guy said he's gonna see if the parts are available (as they wanted to make sure if it's more than just clutch). My car is under warranty, so will I be covered for the whole repair or should I pay the Labor cost?
Any prior experiences?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts