Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I started to get a weird noise under my hood like a week ago and figured out it was my throw out bearing. I made a appointment with Subaru for Friday but I want to know if it would cover it with the warranty. I have a AP and I'm not sure if it voids that part.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It reached 9k today. Its weird tho like I drive 30 minutes to work and it won't make the noise but sometimes ill drive 10 minutes around town and it will start doing it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Take it in to the dealer, should be under warranty.

·
MassSubaru
92 Posts
Should I take off the AP before taking it? Im not sure if they will red flag with it on.
I don’t think you have to worry too much about it. If your so worried just remove it and call it a day. They are not the “AP Police” and I agree that it shouldn’t since it’s the transmission :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will do! From what they were telling me that it's common problems and that they are going to check If its the updated throw out bearing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Keep us updated on what happens! Hope everything goes smoothly for you bud
I've had over a week with the car now and Subaru fixed the throw out bearing covered by the warranty and they fixed my passenger side axle that was leaking oil for free. The axle boot was torn because when I put on my coiler I ripped it a little. They knew it ripped because of the coils install but they still ended up fixing it for free.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts