ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm swapping out my husband's transmission for him because his second gear broke into a million pieces. He is in the military and I'm trying to surprise him for when he gets home and have his car running. Before he left, he took out the drive shaft, inner cooler, and everything like that is out of the way. We have the same stock 5-speed transmission (2006 WRX) that's in his car right now, I just need some help on how to accomplish this for him. I know the tools I'll need, but I'm scared to mess up his clutch, which we just got replaced. I was wondering if someone could walk me through what I need to do and precautions that I need to know when doing this. I've only ever worked on his '63 Mercury Comet, and that seems much more simple than this car. Any advice or walk through in any way, would be helpful. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
No need to worry about messing up the clutch, it stays attached to the flywheel. Your only pulling bolts and trans at this point.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
There are some good walk throughs on nasioc. Just run a search over there. It's pretty easy as long as the transmission isnt fused to the block.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts