Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
350 Posts
Hmm. With those kind of numbers I wonder if the brz is on the short path the retirement.

· Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
47,181 Posts
Yeah, the BRZ has always been (at least since 2014) in the hundreds. There were actually a few more sold this year, over July of last year. The exclusivity is kinda fun; I can go for days around here without seeing another one on the road.

Don't know much, uneducated input, but for colorado, it's not awd. That's a problem
It's not that the BRZ is a problem, it's that RWD sports cars of any kind are going to be a warm-weather vehicle, there, as well as other snowie type places in the U.S. Here in NC, it's most certainly not an issue, lol. (Though I'm being a little unfair..we also have an Outback and a RAV-4 in the stable, if I do need AWD due to an occasional ice storm)

The 86 platform cars (FR-S, BRZ, Toyota 86) are pure sports cars, never intended to compete with the sales numbers of family cars and other types that appeal to more mainstream folks. It's true for any maker..Porsche sells 5 times more Cayenne sedans than it does Cayman sports cars. (And thank goodness, it's kept Porsche alive, so I can keep dreaming of owning a 911 some day.)

But all that said..I'll admit that the BRZ needs a refresh. It's the best sports car I've ever owned, but is virtually unchanged, as far as I'm concerned, since 2013.

· Banned
350 Posts
Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I've read a few articles that absolutely love it for it's handling and claim it to be a great solution if you are looking to buy a car for the track.

I wish they would wrap it with some quality rubber and other upgrades though. I had a friend take his bone stock with a muffler delete and brake fluid/pads to the track.

He melted the tires so much he drove down to a shop and bought new ones to go home.

· Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
47,181 Posts
That's hilarious..My stockers have lasted surprisingly well, but are so worn in now that I can drift at will, in pretty much any situation, lol. Time to go get the nice Michelins that I've been eyeballing. I'll miss the fun of tipping the steering wheel and feeling the back end slide on out, controllably, and so easily..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.