ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
24,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5/1 April sales total 26,310, +6% over 24762 in 2011, and the best April ever. The Impreza is the big gainer this month, up a 124% over the dwindling sales on the final old style 2011s last April.
Forester takes the volume drop this month but is still a steady seller and excellent value. 2013 Foresters can already be ordered, its the 2014 Forester next year that gets the big redesign.
WRX and STI hold their own as always and would sell more if they were available.
This time next month we should have the first monthly sales total for the BRZ.
April 2012 by model:
Forester 5,666 -16% from 6714 in 2011
Impreza 6,701 +124% 3029 in 2011
Outback 8,548 -10% from 9465 in 2011
Legacy 3,799 -4% from 3975 in 2011
Tribeca 154 - 36% from 241 in 2011
WRX/STI 1,352 +1% over 1338 in 2011

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Wow, Tribeca sales are really humming along...:rotfl:

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
It's linked to your reputation score, the little sheriff's star at the bottom of each post. But I don't really know why I have that many. I was of the impression that most people here ignored me. :rotfl:

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
24,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's linked to your reputation score, the little sheriff's star at the bottom of each post. But I don't really know why I have that many. I was of the impression that most people here ignored me. :rotfl:
OK, it's kind of a popularity contest,cool.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
lol @ tribeca sales. I only sold 2 tribecas in all of 2011, which turns out to be almost 1% of all tribecas sold! They should cut the back off and turn them into light duty pickups. Now that would sell.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Yeah like the baja but with a decent sized bed and a lot more torque. Picture a tacoma sized truck built on tribeca. I think it would sell better than Tribeca anyway.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Isn't a spec'd out Outback pretty much a Tribeca anyway? I agree with the light truck idea, could be a modernized Brat throwback.

·
The Default One
4,489 Posts
Yeah like the baja but with a decent sized bed and a lot more torque. Picture a tacoma sized truck built on tribeca. I think it would sell better than Tribeca anyway.
Sounds like a Volkswagen Amorak.

Too bad they can't sell that here in the states, due to the chicken tax. The Tribeca is made in Indiana, so at least it would have that going for it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Isn't a spec'd out Outback pretty much a Tribeca anyway? I agree with the light truck idea, could be a modernized Brat throwback.
That would be amazing. We should start a petition to bring back a modernized brat. Now that would sale.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I'm amazed at how few Subarus are actually sold in the US, I feel like I see them everywhere!

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
I'm amazed at how few Subarus are actually sold in the US, I feel like I see them everywhere!
I also see Subarus everywhere, but the overwhelming majority are 10+ years old. I think most people keep them till the wheels fall off. Brand loyalty is exceptionally strong with Subaru owners, in my experience locally.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I also see Subarus everywhere, but the overwhelming majority are 10+ years old. I think most people keep them till the wheels fall off. Brand loyalty is exceptionally strong with Subaru owners, in my experience locally.
Good point. I was thinking in the US car makers sell 10 million cars a year, give or take, so Subaru has a 4% market share, and that number is well higher than it's probably ever been. I certainly feel like I see well more than 4 Subarus out of 100 cars on the road. Could just be perception because I take notice of every one :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
My dealer told me Honda sells more Civics in a year than all of Subaru total sales in a year. Don't know how much truth there is to that. Where would you find those stats?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts

·
The Default One
4,489 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
In March Subaru sold 32,387. It may have been true in the past, but Subaru's monthly averages have been spectacular the last 3 years. Also, the current Civic haven't been selling as well as the last model.
True, this year and probably last subaru as a company has surpassed the civic. Next up...camry!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
My wife and I went to Denver recently, grabbed dinner at a downtown pub with sidewalk seating and started playing a drinking game. For every Subaru that we saw, take a drink. I was 5 pints into it before I finished my entree. Good thing we stopped doing 2 drinks for every wrx/sti early on... like f'n roaches.

Now here in Oklahoma City... not so much. Could have something to do with really bad dealerships and inept service departments. I'm shopping for a new hatch out of town just because of them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts