ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Admin - Scooby Hooligan
23,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It was 1998 when Subaru made some crucial changes to its World Rally Championship Impreza, such as increasing the displacement of the turbocharged flat-four-cylinder engine from 2.0 to 2.2 liters and fitting wide fender flares. Subaru won the WRC manufacturer championship with the car that year, and it also was the year of the automaker's 40th anniversary. To celebrate the milestone, the company came out with this limited-edition, road-going Impreza, the hallowed 22B STI, which looked nearly identical to the rally car.

Only 424 22Bs were built, and most of them stayed in Japan. But Dominick Infante, national manager of product communications at Subaru of America, was able to secure a drive in one of the only two 22Bs in the US. He details the car's history and some of the design and engineering cues that made the Impreza STI so popular both in motorsport and on the street, but we were caught up listening to the exhaust and admiring the timeless blue-and-gold paint.

autoblog.com/2013/12/05/subaru-revisits-1998-impreza-22B

Video:

...:cool:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Amazing. I commend that Man for owning that car and keeping it in such pristine condition. It would make my year to be able to take a ride in that machine. Unfortunately I couldnt ever drive it because of my prosthetic but it would be good enough to just go for a nice long spirited ride in it.

·
something else forever
3,838 Posts
#respect

that's a solid ride and much cred for their hard work... impressive... :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Vorden
ClubWRX Forum
We invite you to join our Subaru Impreza WRX and STi community to discuss engine mods, builds, detailing, and more.
Full Forum Listing