ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that you can buy this exhaust from many Subaru dealerships. However, I was wondering if they are available in two pipe rather than the fat 3". If anyone has a soundclip of one of these and any other information, it would be greatly appreciated. The other exhausts i'm looking at are the MRT and M2 (they sound nice.. not too loud, but nice)... btw turbo-back of course.

Regards,
-k :D

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I've heard the SPT exhaust myself. It was a little louder than I thought it'd be. Definitely louder than my Stromung dual tip exhaust, but not by much. Sport Compact Car recently dyno tested one on a WRX with the Vishnu Stage 0 set up and it showed a little gain in power, like 2-4 HP. If you're interested, I can scan the dyno chart from the mag and post it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm yeah, I don't particularily like loud exhausts... I like them noticable, but not too loud so maybe it's not the right choice for me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Actually, the SPT exhaust when combined with the Vishnu Stage 0 made 7HP and lost 3 ft/lbs. torque. That's pretty good for just a rear section, and considering the Supersprint turboback exhaust made only 3HP more :confused:

-Anthony Festino

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, does the spt come as a full turbo-back system including up-pipe, mid-pipe, etc.....?

How much bhp is seen with that?

-k

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Yeah, I'll have to check the magazine again. But i do recall that the Supersprint turboback did show power gains made earlier in the RPM range, which translates to quicker spool up.

·
Registered
144 Posts
konsl: The SPT exhaust is only an axleback section. No turboback or other exhaust pieces available.

bedabi: You're right. Just looked at the dynos, and the Supersprint turboback made significant gains down low, and up high in the RPM range while the SPT ade all of it's power only in the high RPM range. Even though it only produces +3 peak HP, the Supersprint probably performs way better than just the SPT axleback.

-Anthony Festino

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh ok, thanks for clearing that up.

heh, your signature says you have a Blitz Nur Spec muffler, I heard a soundclip the other day from i-club i think? it sounded awesome!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
konsl said:
oh ok, thanks for clearing that up.

heh, your signature says you have a Blitz Nur Spec muffler, I heard a soundclip the other day from i-club i think? it sounded awesome!!
It was probably my car, I posted sound clips over on i-club (same username) and here. I agree, it does sound great, and will sound better once I install my Godspeed Uppipe and TXS turboback :D.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts