ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so last week we got the details done about my order of a 2012 Wrx premium edition. He told me he would be ordering when I left he had to check on the packages and help another customer. It's been a week and I've heard nothing so I went in today.... The man I talked to was not there so i talked to another dealer and he checked one order, which then he told me the other guy never placed it. I don't know what they are trying to do but I'm pretty mad

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
Go somewhere else.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'm wanting to do but I've went to the other Subaru dealerships and they won't give me the amount for my jeep as this one will

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
In many cases a private sale will get you more $ than a trade.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
If you are ordering, you'll be waiting for a while anyways. If you can, place the order then put your car up for sale, you'll get more than any trade-in.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Go somewhere else.
+1

I ordered mine and listed my car for sale immediately. First person to see the car bought it and gave me exactly what I was expecting to get. Be realistic and list it a little higher (but still in-market) than you "need" to get for it.

...And make sure that you have a backup vehicle in place :)

You could also tell another dealership exactly what your experience has been with this dealership and ask them to match it in every way and beat it in one to make you go with them. I did this before I even test drove the car. Once I drove it, I asked the guy to beat everybody's prices by a couple hundred and he didn't even blink at it. (Still got it under invoice, too)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I finally got ahold of the guy at the dealership and he is ordering the car right now. I still owe 16k on my jeep and he told me he will pay it off and also give me 6k to put on the wrx. So i will be getting 22k in all for my jeep. Idk I may try to private sell it for 24k to see if i can make some more. But with still owing 16k idk what i can do.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had an annoying dealership experience also. I ordered a 2012 SWP Base Hatch on 2/4. They told me 8-12 weeks, I hated it but sucked it up. Come the end of March I called and was told mid april by a manager. I call two weeks into April as I have still never been updated on the car and they say June.

A week goes by and yesterday another dealer just had one delivered. They had ordered one but ended up with two so it was on the lot. I bought it there on the spot after some haggling. That dealer was also much friendlier. I'm going to drive my WRX down to the other dealer and cancel my deposit.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea after what you just told me I called another Subaru dealership right up the road. They said that Subaru is stopping order's on 2012 wrx's at the end of April and I would have to get it now or never. And I'm thinking the dealership I went to to order it is just waiting it out to tell me they cant do it. But the guy I talked to at the other dealership said he is looking at numbers right now and will call me back to get the order information and order it. This guy was much nicer and wanted me to get the car.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well ordering is done until 2013 but just talked to the other Subaru dealership and they have a rally blue *sedan* coming in Tomm. It comes with the short throw shifter spt exhaust and blue illumination interior. So I'm going to look at it Tomm. When it's delivered. Pretty excited

·
Registered
759 Posts
Wow no more orders already!?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea no more that's what I was told by the dealerships

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Well ordering is done until 2013 but just talked to the other Subaru dealership and they have a rally blue coupe coming in...Pretty excited
I would be too! 1 of 1!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Hmm I am still able to order cars as of right now.....

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Well they told me they got emails from Subaru saying there will be no more orders for all impreza models. But I will be picking up the *sedan* either Tomm. Or Friday

·
Registered
479 Posts
But I will be picking up the coupe either Tomm. Or Friday
sedan, hatch, BRZ!?!?

LOL... whatever you get, congrats and nice color choice.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hahahaha I didn't even notice I put that. It's a sedan. Now I feel like an idiot

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Hahahaha I didn't even notice I put that. It's a sedan. Now I feel like an idiot
Haha better to feel like an idiot than look like one!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts