ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, just picked up my copy of Turbo magazine today. On the cover is a red STi. Love red by the way. Ok its called the esX STi. 425hp stock from the factory :eek3: I think Subaru is fed up. They teamed up with SPT. SPT is building only 40 cars. This will only be available in the US. I read that it should breal 11.9's stock. Holy @[email protected]!. Priced to start in the mid 40's. Fully loaded 50,000 :sadwave: Available summer 2005 at certain dealers.

Any way for you STi owners with the base 300hp STi's, you can buy the kit for your car. It will be street legal, and meet emission laws. You can have your car converted at Easy Street Motorsports. :baaa:
http://www.turbomagazine.com/toc/thismonth/ Only color is red. Clicky

Hopefully this will get Mitsubishi to bring over some FQ-MR Evo's

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok but from what they are showing in the magazine This STi is no joke.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
i've read about these too, but i wonder if subaru will be offering any real warranty support for it because its a limited edition super tuned monster..

·
Premium Member
16,991 Posts
It's a nice gesture, but more reasonable things should be offered, a la Mopar Performance. Basic stage packages wouldn't kill SOA and they'd probably increase sales to boot. Just do something about your sorry ass dealership/warranty/customer service network.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bigd said:
i've read about these too, but i wonder if subaru will be offering any real warranty support for it because its a limited edition super tuned monster..
I'm not dropping 50K without a warranty.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I went into the parts department and they have this little pamplet called "SUBY SOLUTIONS" basically it has a couple mods in it but its bull****. The **** they offer voids the warranty. The guy in parts was cool though. He told me stuff to add on that you just unbolt or unplug before you bring it in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I went into the parts department and they have this little pamplet called "SUBY SOLUTIONS" basically it has a couple mods in it but its bull****. The **** they offer voids the warranty. The guy in parts was cool though. He told me stuff to add on that you just unbolt or unplug before you bring it in.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
ive always thought of esx has a good company? Not sure why people are hating on them :sadwave: These cars remind me of Shelby with Ford. Someone on this site better be getting one, and i hope its me :p

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
roo21 said:
ive always thought of esx has a good company? Not sure why people are hating on them :sadwave: These cars remind me of Shelby with Ford. Someone on this site better be getting one, and i hope its me :p

perhaps becuase they've got the fastest subaru stateside.

I'd say some of their stuff is overpriced but that's about the worst I can say about them. I was fortunate enough to get to spend a lot of time around them when they were in chicago last summer. At BOI I got to talk to them in length about tuning and their setup on their car, and then at another smaller event afterwards they even stuck around afterwards to talk cars with everyone there and help someone with an issue they were having with their LINK.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
roo21 said:
That is because you have never dealt with them in person. Their shop is 15 minutes from me. I met them on two occasions, the first was an open house at their old location when I met Ali. That went fine and he was nice. The second time I met them they moved into their new location and Ali was never around. Only some chump who was "trying" to run the show by ripping everyone off. I don't believe he works there anymore. Pretty sure he got fired.

Needless to say I have never been back. Got dicked around once and that was enough.

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
There is a few threads on this board of memebers having HORRIBLE situations with ESX. They seem to brag about having the fastest wrx (Even through they had someone else BUILD the motor) and offer that as a reason for there piss poor service. Maybe all of this has changed recently but I've read enough bad for me not to go there.

And I highly doubt you'll see this car for under 50 grand. And there are alot better ways to mod your STI with 20 grand then some crappy 1,500 dollar paint job and a turbo swap. I'm not impressed with it to much.

Not to mention the fact that i'd love for someone to take it to a dealer. Those idiots wouldnt have the slightest idea of what they are looking at as far as the mods go. Just because they are SOA backed racing team isnt enough for me to want to go and get one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Fill us in with this info please. :sadwave:

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok guys yes it's easy to just go upgrade your Sti yourself and make 425hp. Some of you don't like Easy Street. Honestly I have not done buisness with them. BUT what car can you buy for 50K or under that runs sub 12 second quarter mile times? 0 With a warranty?

SL 600 AMG=120,000+
Porshe Turbo=120,000
New C6 ZO6= 70,000
Porsche GT3=99,000 Only runs 12.4
BMW M3=50,000+ Only runs 13.5
So an STi that costs 50K. I would buy one. Warranty I'm big on keeping it.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
this is bull, if they respect warranty with this Tuner they should do it with every other setup.
And for that price??? No thank you, i'd buy my own STi and mod it my way and will be much less than $50 all together. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rallymaniac said:
this is bull, if they respect warranty with this Tuner they should do it with every other setup.
And for that price??? No thank you, i'd buy my own STi and mod it my way and will be much less than $50 all together. :rolleyes:
Well Easy Street had to team up with SPT to get Subaru to Sell it Dealer direct. With a Subaru warranty.. So if you go buy the kit from easy street subaru can't void ur warranty.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
TurboWill said:
Ok guys yes it's easy to just go upgrade your Sti yourself and make 425hp. Some of you don't like Easy Street. Honestly I have not done buisness with them. BUT what car can you buy for 50K or under that runs sub 12 second quarter mile times? 0 With a warranty?

SL 600 AMG=120,000+
Porshe Turbo=120,000
New C6 ZO6= 70,000
Porsche GT3=99,000 Only runs 12.4
BMW M3=50,000+ Only runs 13.5
So an STi that costs 50K. I would buy one. Warranty I'm big on keeping it.
"I'm not dropping 50K without a warranty." <--tru that man

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mid117 said:
looks hot :thumbup: I personally wouldn't want gold rims with a red paint job though
I read you will have a wheel option. Red, Gold or Gun metal.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts