ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im after some subaru injectors (side feed) and was wondering what was the smallest cc injector they made for side feed ,also could anybody tell me what ohms they are and if they are low independance or high independance please.im doing a project and need the right parts to make this work,any help would bw great:)

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
I always get this backwards, but I believe the WRX's were side feed and the STi's were top feed.

USDM Speaking:

Smallest WRX injectors are going to be the factory 02-05 wrx injectors. They came on the EJ205 2.0L. They flowed around 420cc IIRC.

Biggest side feed wrx injector would be the 06 blue tops found on 06+ EJ255 2.5L's. They flow 550-575cc's IIRC.

You can always play around with fuel pressure and injector duty cycle too.

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=1066

I'm unsure of the arrangment of the NA 2.5L Subaru's or injector size. May be smaller.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
injectors

hi im after some subaru injectors (side feed) and was wondering what was the smallest cc injector they made for side feed ,also could anybody tell me what ohms they are and if they are low independance or high independance please.im doing a project and need the right parts to make this work,any help would bw great:)
so what sort of power do i need minimum to run the 450cc injectors.

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
so what sort of power do i need minimum to run the 450cc injectors.
Well the wrx came stock in 02-05 with 22x hp and those injectors. I'm sure you can run lower power levels than that with those injectors and just account for it in the EM.

What motor are these goin on?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
injectors

22x? i dont understand what u mean by that mate,i mean what sort of power levels do i need to run these injectors ie 180bhp or 200bhp for example.

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts
I always get this backwards, but I believe the WRX's were side feed and the STi's were top feed.
You're right, you always get it backwards:rotfl:

ALL USDM WRX are topfeed.

Only 04-06 STi's are Sidefeed. 07 STI's are topfeed.

All other turbo Subaru's from 02 & up are topfeed as well.

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
You're right, you always get it backwards:rotfl:

ALL USDM WRX are topfeed.

Only 04-06 STi's are Sidefeed. 07 STI's are topfeed.

All other turbo Subaru's from 02 & up are topfeed as well.

Dammit!! Why can I never remember that right. :rotfl:

·
Registered
593 Posts
generally the lower the duty cycle the less stress you put on them. which is why you need to upgrade them... so for you, running 450cc or so injectors for 200hp would simply mean you are running them at about 50% duty cycle or so which is never a bad thing, theyll prolly last forever. on the upper end of those however, ive got a freind running a wrx on the stock turbo and stock injectors with around 280-290 hp and hes at 95% duty cycle at redline, and he hardly takes it to redline because of it....

Matt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
injectors

22x? i dont understand what u mean by that mate,i mean what sort of power levels do i need to run these injectors ie 180bhp or 200bhp for example.
ive spied some injectors and its says 380 cc for the injectors in the ad there from a wrx sti ej20 ,can anyone comfirm that 380cc are match to the ej20 .im sure the injectors are grey looking.

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts
ive spied some injectors and its says 380 cc for the injectors in the ad there from a wrx sti ej20 ,can anyone comfirm that 380cc are match to the ej20 .im sure the injectors are grey looking.
All USDM EJ20 injectors are light blue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
injectors

here is the ebay link to the injectors 160216496490 let me no what you think please.oh its ebay uk.thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts