ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New bonnet work not only improves airflow over intercooler, also adds front end downforce and improves overall engine cooling.

Mitsubishi, always quick to copy what works for other teams, adopted the front end of the Lancer in pretty much the same fashion as Subaru.

However Ford, known for their ability to overkill everything, countered with the new Focus WRC which didn't see as much success.

Apparently the logic was less drag from a smaller rear end, followed by weight saving by removing tires, then added driver comfort from extra airflow from door. At some point Malcom Wilson had to put his foot down.

In other news, Max Mosely dropped the bomb on everyone by announcing he will not be resigning as president of the FiA.

stolen from someone on another website...

·
Registered
569 Posts
:rotfl: x 30

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
wow im gunna go do that mod to my car right now..:eek3:

·
Registered
642 Posts
did anyone see WRC on Speed last night? I saw the onboad vid of that ford ... end over end doing 130 or something? scary!

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
camell0 said:
did anyone see WRC on Speed last night? I saw the onboad vid of that ford ... end over end doing 130 or something? scary!
Yeah, they were flat out in 6th gear at about 170kph :eek:
I was watchin the onboard camera and hell even I was freaked out at how fast they were going down that road and THAT was just on TV!

I'm just glad they are alive.

BTW Eli, I'm moving this to the Rally Forum where it belongs... :rolleyes:

:p

·
Registered
19,615 Posts
hey....I did the same mod to my 1998 Prelude.
looks better in black.
had the hood up like that.....roof wrinkled...gas tank 1'' from the ground...cheese grated side...spiderwebbed windshield....you name it!
the things we'll do for deer :confused1

1 - 19 of 19 Posts