Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, got a 2004 Subaru impreza wrx wagon, makes 360AWHP with 300Torque. Transmission is stock and has 183 xxx km on it and probably gonna go soon so what do you guys think i should get?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Hood

Car Specs:
2004 Subaru Impreza Wrx Wagon
Engine : EJ205 2.0 L
Turbo : Blouche TD05 16G
Injectors : 660cc
Fuel pump : Walbro 255L
Exhaust : Cobb Catback, invidia downpipe catted

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,792 Posts
I don't believe there are a ton of options. Another stock one or you can spend multiple times that doing a 6 speed swap

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

· In Æternum
23,706 Posts
You have many options.

There is the RA gearset that used to be common for your torque target. There is the LGT gearset which is good for about 400wtq. There is the PPG helical and straightcut gearset which will take just about anything you throw at it. However, really the STI 6MT is the best bang-for-your-buck since it's nearly indestructible and also comes with LSDs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

· In Æternum
23,706 Posts
Honestly, if there's nothing wrong with the transmission, I'd say leave it alone.

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,792 Posts
You have many options.

There is the RA gearset that used to be common for your torque target. There is the LGT gearset which is good for about 400wtq. There is the PPG helical and straightcut gearset which will take just about anything you throw at it. However, really the STI 6MT is the best bang-for-your-buck since it's nearly indestructible and also comes with LSDs.

I stand corrected.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

· Registered
10 Posts
Depends how you drive, you can beat pretty hard on the 5 speed to be honest. I launch with a delayed clutch slip, shift at redline etc on a 5 speed with 380wtq. But always use the gears, don't try go WOT from low rpm in 3rd gear and up or side step launch etc and it will probably last pretty well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.