Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after the 2nd trip to the dealer they say that the rattle noise that was driving me nuts is my downpipe they said that the cat is broken.

Now my question is my car is soooo slow now im stock with the broken downpipe my question could a broken downpipe slow my car down this much?

I ask because I race my friend with a 2000 Si and he pulled on me he has intake header and test pipe stock exhaust I was so stunned that he walked by me I really hope its the downpipe that is causing my car to run like ass.

Ideas?

thanks
steve

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Absolutely. The flow in and out of the turbo is key.

edit: just reread your post. Originally though you said S2000, not MY2000 Si (the coupe, right?) I'm a bit surprised you didn't blow him away anyway! It wouldn't take much at all to lose to an S2000, but a Civic is another story. Get the DP fixed of course, then see how it does.

edit2: jeez, I'm having a bad morning. Didn't see the part about the cat. Yeah, if the cat's broken and in there sideways or something, it could be almost totally plugging up the DP. In that case it would be easy to lose to a Hyundai! Time for a catless DP! ;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only part of your exhaust that could damage your turbo is

the upipe if it where to get bad enough the cat material falls

apart and flys in to the turbo damaging the turbo any other part

of the exhaust is behind the turbo and anything that breaks

would just go out the exhaust end .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts