Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and I found this ratty, crappy paved road around our town and we were having some fun on it in his Subaru Forester. Nothing like a 4k launch in that baby on some uneven terrain!!! There are one of those hula girls attached to the top of his dashboard, and the hula-girl would constantly hit her head against the windsheild during our "take-offs"

HAHA

P.S. The 2003's look nice also.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
ya and they are surprisingly roomy inside...when i bought my WRX my friend that had tagged along sat in one and was surprised that he could fit (hes like 6'4'')...he was interested in them but bought an infiniti instead:confused:...

·
Registered
932 Posts
Timdog1650 said:
... but you can't beat N/A horsepower:D
How about a turbocharged 2.0? They're available abroad (as usual).

Check it out:
http://www.drive.com.au/news/video/index.html
Go to the "Review" menu and watch the Forrester GT video.

Tex, I was inside one at the dealership while I was getting my 30,000 ile servicing done last month. I was surprised at how much room the back seat had because they're supposed to have the same chassis as the Impreza. Not to mention I thought the interior materials were overall better than the WRX's.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The new look Forester that was released in Australia last year had no turbo option (GT), we got the 2.5 ltr engine option. But the Forester GT will be re-introduced into the Australian market mid this year after a one year break.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also think that Cobb is putting together a turbo kit for the 2.5. Not sure if I should go for that or wait for the Turbo Forester to come out...

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
If they put out a turbo forrester in the US would it be the same as in Australia where they basically dump a WRX engine into it, or would they make it a 2.5L turbo? Because if they did make a 2.5L turbo, wow, watch out guys....me and my dashboard hula girl might be comin' to town.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guys the reason for the delay in Australia on the NEW GT Forester was they were still deciding on what engine to put in the beast.
imho 2.5ltr turbo never (would be too close to the WRX)
2ltr turbo (more than likely)

The current GT Forester engine is basicly a detuned WRX engine with a smaller turbo and cam specs.

For those WRX owners you aint see nothing until you've been in a 200kw atw Forester GT

Later

1 - 9 of 9 Posts